PRS 513 Artist Package Orange Fade v2.0 - Now with better pictures!

• Thread starter HighGain510
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to snapping new pictures of a whole bunch of guitars this week, here's the outcome of the time this fiery 513 Artist Package Orange Fade spent basking out in the sun:

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_4_zps09b8a2f1.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_6_zps4213f528.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_7_zps803b206b.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_8_zpsfdfce389.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_9_zps4d5c653d.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_10_zps305b9b20.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_11_zpsff6dbe15.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_12_zps426537e3.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_13_zps2f680e66.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_14_zpsfe3dab35.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_15_zpsf178bfc3.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_16_zps0eeaeaae.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_17_zpsfc94a256.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_18_zps13c80044.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_19_zps879d3392.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_20_zps9c0d1892.jpg

More pics below due to image limit, sorry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn that's awesome. Really surprised it hasn't gotten more response, as I love it :lol:

Hmmmmm.... I'll give you tree fiddy

whatchugondowithdattreefiddywoman_8035f9bf3b14720980897d689fe5e014_zpsa1f5acb5.jpg

OlisDead

Reaction score
Man, you must be bored to have so much nice PRS in your collection, let me take one (or two) off your hands :D

Awesome finish! You're a lucky lucky man.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn that's awesome. Really surprised it hasn't gotten more response, as I love it :lol:

Hmmmmm.... I'll give you tree fiddy

whatchugondowithdattreefiddywoman_8035f9bf3b14720980897d689fe5e014_zpsa1f5acb5.jpg

I was going to sell it to Steve, but then I realized... wait a minute, that ain't no girl scout! It was the goddamn loch ness monster! :rofl:

Man, you must be bored to have so much nice PRS in your collection, let me take one (or two) off your hands :D

Awesome finish! You're a lucky lucky man.

Haha it's a tough life, but I think I can manage! ;)

kaaka

Reaction score
Wow, this is almost Private stock incredibly awesome timber right there. This is one sick guitar man!

splinter8451

Reaction score
Was this Dave Weiner's guitar? I am pretty sure he used to do Riff of The Week with a 513 just like this :lol:

That is such a sick finish and guitar in general! Congrats dude you have had so many amazing new gear days this month!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Wait, when did they start doing things to the neck heel that I don't hate? Is this something new?

EDIT: Just looked it up. I didn't realize it's the same heel, but with a bit of the body covering it.

That is a beauty of a finish, too!

Musiscience

Reaction score
Beautiful, just beautiful. I really like how versatile those pickups are too. PRS always has some of the most stunning wood around.

On a more personal note, I think they should release a model with a longer fretboard radius (16-20 inch) and stainless steel frets. That would be neat.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it's possible for that thing to get any sexier... HNGD!!!

BTW, what's with the dual blade switches?

The one closest to the pickups is the 5-way blade switch that controls the pickup selection (bridge, bridge-middle, middle, middle-neck, neck) and the bottom one is a 3-way blade switch that controls the pickup "mode" which is either "heavy humbucking", "clear humbucking" or "singlecoil" setting. Basically singlecoil is self-explanatory (drops out one of the coils in each hum so it essentially becomes a S-S-S strat-style pickup config), the clear humbucking config brings both pickups together in the neck and bridge positions to act as a humbucker but with medium output, and the heavy humbucking mode does the same thing but with higher output. In my experience, the heavy humbucking config is a little too wooly overall, so I stick to the singlecoil and clear humbucking settings, personally. :yesway:

Was this Dave Weiner's guitar? I am pretty sure he used to do Riff of The Week with a 513 just like this :lol:

That is such a sick finish and guitar in general! Congrats dude you have had so many amazing new gear days this month!

Ha well Dave has a few Private Stocks, he has a customized 513 that I believe had a slanted bridge humbucker config (might be wrong there, could have sworn he threw up a YT vid talking about it a while back but I'm not going to look through all those vids to find it :lol:) but that was blue, he also has a 7-string that is orange fade though, maybe that's the one you're thinking of perhaps?

IMG_1849.jpg

Wait, when did they start doing things to the neck heel that I don't hate? Is this something new?

EDIT: Just looked it up. I didn't realize it's the same heel, but with a bit of the body covering it.

That is a beauty of a finish, too!

Yeah this is the neck heel they use on the 513/305 guitars. I think it definitely looks a bit less obtrusive due to the body wood overlapping the neck heel, I really dig that joint a lot personally as well. :agreed:

Beautiful, just beautiful. I really like how versatile those pickups are too. PRS always has some of the most stunning wood around.

Thanks! Yeah the pickups in this guitar are quite versatile indeed! The single coil settings are fantastic, I've been debating with myself as to whether or not I'll hang onto it, I'm going to do a serious A/B with my Suhr Modern to see if I can justify having two H-S-H guitars (even though this one is 22 frets and can go S-S-S... :lol:), as I may be able to get away with just swapping the tone pot out on the Suhr with a push-pull pot to get the same type of tones as the 513.

As usual, there is another guitar I have been drooling over and the dealer offered me a really good price on it so to swing it I'd have to move something and I can't seem to bring myself to part with any of my other PRS right now, so we'll see if this one survives or not. :(

splinter8451

Reaction score
Ha well Dave has a few Private Stocks, he has a customized 513 that I believe had a slanted bridge humbucker config (might be wrong there, could have sworn he threw up a YT vid talking about it a while back but I'm not going to look through all those vids to find it :lol:) but that was blue, he also has a 7-string that is orange fade though, maybe that's the one you're thinking of perhaps?

That is the one I was thinking of, I couldn't remember if it was 7 or not :yesway:

')