PRS 7 String on the Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rindgecore

Reaction score
PAUL REED SMITH prs SUPER RARE 7-string ENDORSEE guitar - (eBay item 110164686919 end time Sep-08-07 16:59:30 PDT)

d7ee_12.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw that the other day.... it says Wes Borland in the neck route or something like that.... I don't totally remember him being endorsed by PRS but it apparently must have happened?

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I remember seeing this guitar on ebay before. :scratch:

It's very nice. :agreed:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
It was featured on a PRS Private Stock Poster from 2005. Very nice. I believe PRS have made less than 10 7's in their puff altogether? :scratch:

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
I saw that the other day.... it says Wes Borland in the neck route or something like that.... I don't totally remember him being endorsed by PRS but it apparently must have happened?

It was towards the chocolate starfish days. Basically the end of the road for borland and bizkit pretty much.

As much as it pains me to post this cause this song and this band is so fucking ridiculous- you can clearly see wes rockin a prs.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I would gladly floss a 7 string PRS. The figured top on that one is NUTS. But I would not pay $9k for something like that.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That guy will never learn. No one cares enough about Wes Borland to want to pay quadruple custom shop prices for his used 7-string. It may be worth $2000-3000, but $9000? what a joke. The guy just never learns. If he was smart he'd put up a "best offer" option, and he could see the kind of offers he'd get.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
There's really two trains of thought here.

- Seller is a dick who thinks that guitar is worth way more than it is, and will never sell it, or accept a reasonable offer.

- Seller is a good guy who realizes that there are people out there who do indeed burn giant wads of cash on something like this just because it has a celebrity tie to it.

I'm assuming the latter, but if he were really a good guy, he'd hand it over to me, because I'd really like to own it. :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

- Seller is a dick who thinks that guitar is worth way more than it is, and will never sell it, or accept a reasonable offer.

- Seller is a good guy who realizes that there are people out there who do indeed burn giant wads of cash on something like this just because it has a celebrity tie to it.

I'm assuming the latter, but if he were really a good guy, he'd hand it over to me, because I'd really like to own it. :lol:

$200 shipping by USPS Parcel Post? It's definitely the first option :lol:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: Not that I'm defending the guy, but if it did sell for $9000, with insurance that shipping cost might not be too far off the mark.

Imagine buying that and having A Scott(tm) happen to it. :(

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
It was towards the chocolate starfish days. Basically the end of the road for borland and bizkit pretty much.

As much as it pains me to post this cause this song and this band is so fucking ridiculous- you can clearly see wes rockin a prs.

Is it ok if I like that song? Like, am I gonna go to hell? :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nah that's way too high. FedEx grounding a $2000 guitar in the US is <$30. I can't believe the additional insurance and USPS (which is a cheaper way to ship) is $170 more than that :shrug:

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
New private stock PRSs usually go for around that price or more. A Santana II is $8000 and you dont get to pick anything.

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how well that guitar will intonate.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score

I'm voting for "dick."

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It is a sweet guitar, I'd LOVE to own it, but he is foolish for not allowing people to make offers, thats how he'll know roughly what the market is. The reason my auctions sell for the price I want 99.9% of the time is because I know what the market is. I'm not going to let greed tarnish my judgment and try to get $1900 for a used Universe like some eBayers do. That's just pissing away money. Relisting that PRS for the same price 5 times is giving eBay $40-50 in fees for no reason.

I mean, there's a guy selling a $200 used import '99 Jackson DR7 for $1300 on eBay and he has 0 feedback. It's like dude, you're just giving money to eBay for no good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')