PRS 7 String on the Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In that LB song - he is using a 6 string PRS tuned to C# - its not a 7. He turned to PRS after he had enough of 7s mainly his Ibanez RG7s and that sweet RG7CST.

<= Look at my avatar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
It is a sweet guitar, I'd LOVE to own it, but he is foolish for not allowing people to make offers, thats how he'll know roughly what the market is. The reason my auctions sell for the price I want 99.9% of the time is because I know what the market is. I'm not going to let greed tarnish my judgment and try to get $1900 for a used Universe like some eBayers do. That's just pissing away money. Relisting that PRS for the same price 5 times is giving eBay $40-50 in fees for no reason.

Like xwmucradiox already said. It's a good price for a Private Stock PRS but this guitar is a 7string. PRS players don't care too much about them and this one has almost non collectors value as there is no proof that this was Wes guitar.

I remember that first time it was on bay it cost somethinkg like 6k $... this guy that is selling it now bought it to earn some money as he put it back on ebay after year with starting bid 15k

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
I like how there are 9 pics of the Flame top and 3 pics of everything else... then again it is a nice top.

This also caught my eye:

the seller said:
A RARE OPPORTUNITY to OWN
this EXTREMELY RARE PRS
built for a GREAT GUITARIST

I know it's all a matter of opinion but :nuts:

blues-core

Reaction score
In that LB song - he is using a 6 string PRS tuned to C# - its not a 7. He turned to PRS after he had enough of 7s mainly his Ibanez RG7s and that sweet RG7CST.

<= Look at my avatar.

I thought Wes was using a Master Guitar Cermona

Always loved the look of those guitars, kinda like a PRS meets a ESP Forrest model:hbang:

EDIT: Just read the boxout from guitar world, looks like he only used a 4 string Master Guitar on that album. Still would love to try one

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
Must be a pretty damn good 7420 then... :rolleyes:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
my Ibanez S7420 is 100 time better than that PRS

Keep telling yourself that :lol: I don't think his price is too far off the mark considering what PRS customs go for. Who is it here that knows someone who has a PRS 7, that was like $15k or something? I'm not saying I would personally pay that for any guitar, but that's what they go for.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
The story on this guitar is that PRS built it for Wes, but Wes didn't want it and never picked it up.

He started on Ibanez playing 7-strings (because or Korn mainly, and then because he got them for free from Ibanez), then he switched to PRS playing 6-strings (and still using a couple Ibanez's for the occasional old song, especially the 4-string songs), then got his Master customs (but still used his PRS guitars as well), now he's got his Yamaha signature.

In the studio, though, he's always used his main guitars of the time, as well as a variety of other guitars he has laying around.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
He only used 7s on the first album didn't he? And wasn't his 7s still tuned to C#? It's been a few years but that's what i remember reading somewhere once, an old guitar mag perhaps... not sure

celebro95

Reaction score
was a sarcasm !!!

that PRS is AWSOME...

but my S7420 is less expensive and i cant pay 10k + for a guitar...
THATS STUPID

celebro95

Reaction score
Must be a pretty damn good 7420 then... :rolleyes:

ff0a_1.jpg

019f_1.jpg

:hbang:

pay over 10k for that guitar is simply STUPID !!!

and this is not a sarcasm
this guitar is better than that PRS

better pickups (for me)
better FLOYD (for all of you)

and is IBANEZ !!!

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah i know what you're saying. The price of a guitar does most certainly not translate to how good it is.
I'd pick my 7620 over any guitar any day ever, because it suits me and my playing. If you gave me that prs i wouldn't know what to fuckin do with it! fuck the price tag!

celebro95

Reaction score
Yeah i know what you're saying. The price of a guitar does most certainly not translate to how good it is.
I'd pick my 7620 over any guitar any day ever, because it suits me and my playing. If you gave me that prs i wouldn't know what to fuckin do with it! fuck the price tag!

i love my equipment

mesa boogie nomad 55 (COMBO)
TC ELECTRONIC G SHARP
MORLEY BAD HORSIE
IBANEZ S7420

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
ff0a_1.jpg

019f_1.jpg

pay over 10k for that guitar is simply STUPID !!!

and this is not a sarcasm
this guitar is better than that PRS

better pickups (for me)
better FLOYD (for all of you)

and is IBANEZ !!!

Pickups are a moot point because they're easy enough to change. I wouldn't really factor in a floyd into saying it's a better guitar, I would just say it has features you're looking for. If you're talking about actual quality though, the PRS is going to shit all over the S7420. That's like saying your S7420 is better than one of those KxK customs because they have TOM bridges, or better than an LACS with a fixed bridge. I would prefer my RG7CT to that PRS as a player, but undoubtedly a PRS custom is going to smoke that as far as quality is concerned too.

celebro95

Reaction score
Pickups are a moot point because they're easy enough to change. I wouldn't really factor in a floyd into saying it's a better guitar, I would just say it has features you're looking for. If you're talking about actual quality though, the PRS is going to shit all over the S7420. That's like saying your S7420 is better than one of those KxK customs because they have TOM bridges, or better than an LACS with a fixed bridge. I would prefer my RG7CT to that PRS as a player, but undoubtedly a PRS custom is going to smoke that as far as quality is concerned too.

+1 point to you

Wiggywiggler

ss.org erroneous
Reaction score

I sometimes wonder if this is true,as guitars in that price range usually end up being vaulted in by collectors. Some (most?) of them can't tell about the quality. To them high price = high quality. This observation based purely on people I've had the priveledge to observe.

Players, on the other hand, tend to get something they need. (and want :lol:) They really are looking for that quality, but also in a more reasonable price range than collector items. Makes me wonder if the 10k+ guitars are any better than the 0.5k jap copies.

Of course, if a known player wants something fancy, they WILL build it with quality. As I will never have that much extra money, I'll never be able to tell for sure.

..just a thought :wavey:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
New private stock PRSs usually go for around that price or more. A Santana II is $8000 and you dont get to pick anything.

:agreed:

Also, you'd need to check back auctions to be 100% sure, but I want to say the first time this one was on the bay, it DID sell, for over $10k (possibly as high as 12). I'm not positive, but I think the guy's BIN is actually a bit of a loss for him.

I'd love to own this thing, buut not at that price. I'd be too scared of it to play it. :lol: the top IS to die for, though. :wub:

Like xwmucradiox already said. It's a good price for a Private Stock PRS but this guitar is a 7string. PRS players don't care too much about them and this one has almost non collectors value as there is no proof that this was Wes guitar.

I remember that first time it was on bay it cost somethinkg like 6k $... this guy that is selling it now bought it to earn some money as he put it back on ebay after year with starting bid 15k

Yeah, it's a one-off custom shop PRS. That's WAY cheaper. ;) Anyway, as Stitch pointed out, this was on their 2005 Private Stock poster - they clearly consider it Private Stock quality.

You might be right about the ebay history, though - I'm sure you've followed it more closely than I.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
:agreed:

I want to smear Pepto Bismol all over my body and rub myself with that top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')