PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

amarshism

Reaction score
I was recently on tour with all that remains guitar teching and mikes prs was awesome. Arrived after three days of international transit and was perfectly in tune. Whilst for my tastes and style I certainly preferred ollies LACS, the prs certainly had it beat in terms of holding tune and neck stability going in and out of festivals on trucks and out in the cold, to hot indoor venues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shadscbr

Reaction score
PRS was my gateway drug into the custom guitar world. As soon as I got a whiff of the small builder stuff, the PRSi turned into 7 string builds :)

I think they're great guitars...I miss my HBII the most.

Here's my last PRS, and only electric 6'er :)

Gleaming2Tek.jpg

HeadstockSun.jpg

BirdsSun2.jpg

Shad

shadscbr

Reaction score
^^^Yeah and that one was free. Bastid!!

LOL...that makes it extra sweet. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand dollars :D

I have to say, Timmy's PS wedding guitar collection is spectacular!

Shad

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
PRS was my gateway drug into the custom guitar world. As soon as I got a whiff of the small builder stuff, the PRSi turned into 7 string builds :)

I think they're great guitars...I miss my HBII the most.

Here's my last PRS, and only electric 6'er :)

Gleaming2Tek.jpg

HeadstockSun.jpg

BirdsSun2.jpg

Shad

Ohhh so you were the one who ended up with Z's guitar! Nice Shad! :D

Animus

Reaction score
HI all,

New member here but long time lurker. This thread gave me a good reason to register as I have been doing PRS "soul-searching". I've had a CE24 since 1992 and loved and defended the brand, and never really played anything else. Just recently I got a Singlecut Trem 10 top. Very nice guitar aesthetically.

So I also wanted to try some other things, especially something more "metal" and of course I got a Jackson USA Soloist. I've freaked over it. Not only are they amazingly better players they sound better than any PRS I have used. I was sort of shocked and didn't want to believe it first. I am not just talking about high gain stuff only but clean stuff as well. This Soloist (an alder one at that!) has a sweeter tone, more balance in the frequencies, more sustain, more articulation; just damn more musical in general and sounds "like a record". My PRSi in comparison sound quacky and uneven. So unless this feeling surpasses I have plans to sell my PRSi.

I've always been aware of the criticisms towards PRS and agreed with some of it. I think there is too much a preoccupation with those damn flame/quilt ten tops and Fruity Loop finishes, obsessing over wood as if its a piece of furniture. People just seem to collect them; you have people over at BAM that own several of the same damn exact model but just in a different finish. And honestly, I wonder if those gimmicky "birds" had never been PRS wouldn't have gotten as popular and trendy as they are. I also always thought they were incredibly overpriced in general for a factory built guitar when you actually think about what you are getting. I had always disagreed with people that they sounded sterile or soulless. But now I am totally relating. Also, those modern heels are ridiculous as is the non-adjustable stoptail.

Animus

Reaction score
welcome to the forum!
and just a quick nudge. the forum was designed to praise prs. no real criticism are needed here...

though i do agree with you, but thats besides the point...

back to the topic. how do you guys feel about the sharp lip on the PRS guitars? some say it cuts into their forearm while picking.

i generally play in classical position so i dont notice it much. however, the singlecuts are very annoying to play in the classical position for some odd reason :scratch:

oh I wasn't aware of that it was praise only on this thread. :) I took the thread title as a chance to voice my opinion if I loved or hated them, which I kind of both.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually the thread was hard limited to PRS because soliloquy couldn't stop pointing out that PRS isn't Carvin and he doesn't like that.

Thread cleaned up, soliloquy you can leave the moderation to the mods.

Animus

Reaction score
Actually the thread was hard limited to PRS because soliloquy couldn't stop pointing out that PRS isn't Carvin and he doesn't like that.

Thread cleaned up, soliloquy you can leave the moderation to the mods.

Apologies. I must have missed it in the thread where that was stipulated. Feel free to delete my offending post if necessary.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apologies. I must have missed it in the thread where that was stipulated. Feel free to delete my offending post if necessary.

No problem, you were fine. We're just trying to keep this focused on PRS because some people kept REALLY derailing the thread :lol:

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Never disliked any of the ones I have played, even the SE series. Astounding guitars in looks and playability.

Played an SE Singlecut Korina today and it was probably the best playing guitar in that price-range. Hopefully, that or an SE Tremonti will be replacing my MIM Tele by early June.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
Like Gibson, it's hit or miss, I've played some fantastic machines and some dogs, but at the end of the day the good ones are magnificent.

')