PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
came across some pretty pics. i'm wondering what the sustain would be like on these guitars, as that bridge system seems fairly heavy with great mass to it.
i-7wStP9d-XL.jpg

i-3r6GJJq-XL.jpg

i-WHbKkZf-XL.jpg

i-jqRWRNd-XL.jpg

i-5z2mgJg-XL.jpg

i-msbjrDB-XL.jpg

i-PxVTH5V-XL.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
That's what happens with endangered woods though. :lol: The supply was low so they restricted it to only PS orders and the upcharge is SIGNIFICANT! :rofl: I think they might not even have any blanks for necks at this point, someone said when they went to order their PS recently with a brazzy board they were down to maybe a dozen or so. :( Also by the time they were building the 513 they were down to stump wood, which although they might "look" pretty with all the crazy figuring that figuring is typically knots which deaden the tone a bit.

That really is a shame, all the interviews I've watched, Paul seems really stoked about Brazilian rosewood.

Yeah, the second I dropped money on a PRS I went and watched every video on the PRS channel. :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a line on a potential PRS to grab locally, just waiting to hear if the price is within what I'm willing to spend on it. If it is, new pics coming soon, it's a bit rare so I don't want to post much more than that. :lol:

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
came across some pretty pics. i'm wondering what the sustain would be like on these guitars, as that bridge system seems fairly heavy with great mass to it.
i-7wStP9d-XL.jpg

First off, that thing will sustain for centuries. Those guitars are built for it and do not dissaapoint!

Secondly, theres a really cute story behind that guitar. There is a father and son both on BAM, and the dad bought it for the son and posted a NGD on the forum thinking it would take his son a while to find out, but it was about 3 hours. haha Not a bad gift, aye? :nuts:

Matt's had the fever for a long time :lol:

Someone should tell him they make a cream for that :flame:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Goddamnit people, quit doing this to me! I've wanted a ruby red flamed Custom 24 for a few years now and....GAS ATTACK AHHHH!!! :lol:

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
i-7wStP9d-XL.jpg

What color is that? Tobacco Sunburst with no gloss? That is beautiful!

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
:rofl: I've been playing PRS on and off for years, I currently have a KILLER one-off CE-22 that I love to pieces. When the right one comes along, assuming I have the cash, I usually pull the trigger. ;)

I have a bad feeling the CU22 Artist I just bought off AdamofAngels is going to start a love affair I really can't afford. :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling the CU22 Artist I just bought off AdamofAngels is going to start a love affair I really can't afford. :lol:

My wallet is still very upset with Mr. Smith ever since the day I bought my first CE-24... there are so many cool models that it's very easy to go into a spending spree over time! :rofl:

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Someone trade me a PRS Hollowbody for my ESP Custom Shop Eclipse so I can be content with my collection for a few months.

CrazyDean

Reaction score
I was in a local music store that had several PRS on display. One of them caught my eye, the finish just didn't look quite right. I asked someone who worked there about it and he said it was probably a photo finish. Is this true? Could a $1000 guitar actually have a photo finish? If so, that's pretty disappointing.

Stealth7

Reaction score
I would do unspeakable things for a PRS. :squint:

Whitestrat

Reaction score
That's what happens with endangered woods though. :lol: The supply was low so they restricted it to only PS orders and the upcharge is SIGNIFICANT!

Then the only other option is not to go for a PRS, but a boutique builder who's prices are nowhere near PS levels. I have a braz board and a single piece lightweight honduran mahogany body. I paid no where nead a PS for that, and I got exactly the guitar I've always wanted in my dreams.:hbang:

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I was in a local music store that had several PRS on display. One of them caught my eye, the finish just didn't look quite right. I asked someone who worked there about it and he said it was probably a photo finish. Is this true? Could a $1000 guitar actually have a photo finish? If so, that's pretty disappointing.

What do you mean photo finish? A printed veneer on a US PRS? If thats what you mean, then it is absolutely not true.

')