PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackWidowESP

fuzzymuffler
Reaction score
Screenshot2011-07-06at25230PM.png

Screenshot2011-07-06at25235PM.png

Screenshot2011-07-06at25447PM.png

Screenshot2011-07-06at25453PM.png

7 string 513's :bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vanhendrix

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on the 57/08 (or the variants) pickup line? Would that I could, those pickups would be in every single guitar that I own. Last I heard they weren't available aftermarket, unless you were to send in a PRS you already owned.

PS. (notice how I didn't make a prs pun), Those are the best pickups of all time.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I've played one USA PRS. I think it was a Custom 24 but I'd have to check. It had a 25" scale. I didn't like it a lot. I prefer my Jackson PS-2 :lol:

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I've played one USA PRS. I think it was a Custom 24 but I'd have to check. It had a 25" scale. I didn't like it a lot. I prefer my Jackson PS-2 :lol:

Sorry to hear that, to each their own for sure. Thanks for at least being an adult about it unlike some people haha :agreed::noplease:

Does anyone have any info on the 57/08 (or the variants) pickup line? Would that I could, those pickups would be in every single guitar that I own. Last I heard they weren't available aftermarket, unless you were to send in a PRS you already owned.

To my knowledge 57/08's are still not available seperate/aftermarket. You might be able to email PTC and find out if they'll do a swap in house but you can't buy them alone. They pop up from time to time used though. I'll keep an eye you and PM you incase I see anything

DanielVE

Reaction score
I just love PRS. I bought this tremonti from nick at the axe palace, its a cutom color "turquoise", it actually changes color depending on the light, sometimes blue, sometimes green, loving it! The bridge pick up is awesome, very hot.

12.jpg

04.jpg

OlisDead

Reaction score
Hey there PRS lovers. I'm looking ofr a PRS. So if anyone is interested in trading a PRS for Mayones Regius PRO 6, send me a PM :)

soliloquy

Reaction score
I just love PRS. I bought this tremonti from nick at the axe palace, its a cutom color "turquoise", it actually changes color depending on the light, sometimes blue, sometimes green, loving it! The bridge pick up is awesome, very hot.

12.jpg

04.jpg

the pics aren't working, so i had to open em in a different window

and HOLY HELL! that is beautiful!!! :scream: :scream: :scream:

EDIT: nevermind, they pics are working now....still: :scream: :scream: :scream:

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
I feel that PRS and Gibsons are way too overpriced these days. I'm not saying they're not awesome guitars, but I once bought a Les Paul Standard (gibson, not epiphone) for 800 and change, brand new at Sam Ash. This was 1992. That same guitar new is like 2000 or whatever now. I traded that Les Paul for my Mesa Dual Rectifier. What gave me the guts to do that was that my early 80's Ibanez Artist kicked my Les Paul's butt and it cost a fraction of what the LP's went for and go for today.
Sometimes I think guitars - it's like clothes. People love the name brand. I'm over it myself.

Animus

Reaction score
I feel that PRS and Gibsons are way too overpriced these days. I'm not saying they're not awesome guitars, but I once bought a Les Paul Standard (gibson, not epiphone) for 800 and change, brand new at Sam Ash. This was 1992. That same guitar new is like 2000 or whatever now. I traded that Les Paul for my Mesa Dual Rectifier. What gave me the guts to do that was that my early 80's Ibanez Artist kicked my Les Paul's butt and it cost a fraction of what the LP's went for and go for today.
Sometimes I think guitars - it's like clothes. People love the name brand. I'm over it myself.

Tell me about it. PRS. Are expensive for what you get. Take away the flashy pretty top wood and bird inlays and you really just have an average guitar with a "premium" brand name.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Damn this thread! What is sad is there is a PRS dealer right off of Campus at my college and this thread will make me have to spend more money! Hell I like the PRS's more than the Suhrs they got, (Blasphemy I know, but then again I like G&Ls more than Suhrs..... but that is just me)

And that store always charges less then everyone one else too! Damn!

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Tell me about it. PRS. Are expensive for what you get. Take away the flashy pretty top wood and bird inlays and you really just have an average guitar with a "premium" brand name.

Yeah you're totally right - take away the flashy top, nice inlays, great fretwork, great construction, quality control and really good pickups you're literally left with a pile of wood and electronics like any other company. Its wierd :spock:

soliloquy

Reaction score
Damn this thread! What is sad is there is a PRS dealer right off of Campus at my college and this thread will make me have to spend more money! Hell I like the PRS's more than the Suhrs they got, (Blasphemy I know, but then again I like G&Ls more than Suhrs..... but that is just me)

And that store always charges less then everyone one else too! Damn!

do what i'm doing.
i'm selling off EVERYONE of my electric guitars, and trying to do that before i graduate (mid august). if everything works out well, i'll have enough cash from my guitar sales to put towards a custom guitar (not saying the name here, but if you look around, and the brand i generally favor, then you'll know what it is) as a graduation gift for myself, and i'll place the order in sepetember.

you dont have to go custom. but buy a fancy PRS as your graduation gift?

Ascension

Reaction score
The early ones were cool but the later ones IMO just were not the same. The tones were not as thick the tops not that hot on most for the $ and that neck heel for someone like myself who plays up high on the fretboard a good bit intolerable. I like the MUCH less expensive Carvin CT MUCH better!!

infernalservice

Reaction score
I just sent Nick at the axe palace payment for a custom 24 with a blue crab blue quilt 10 top. Should be amazing.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
do what i'm doing.
i'm selling off EVERYONE of my electric guitars, and trying to do that before i graduate (mid august). if everything works out well, i'll have enough cash from my guitar sales to put towards a custom guitar (not saying the name here, but if you look around, and the brand i generally favor, then you'll know what it is) as a graduation gift for myself, and i'll place the order in sepetember.

you dont have to go custom. but buy a fancy PRS as your graduation gift?

lol I know you want a Carvin, I got two already.

Idk I might sell gear, I hate doing that, each instrument I have has a long story behind it, every gash, nick, scratch, memory, just too much emotional value in it. I sold two of my guitars before, which I regret to this day!

I might just save up my cash overtime once I get a better Job...

Reaction score
^ Yes indeed. The blue crab blue is one of my favorite finishes now. Should look beautiful! :yesway:

infernalservice

Reaction score
I told nick what I wanted and he already had one on order. Hopefully should be around in a month or so. I have a few pending ngd's lol.

')