PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pav

???
Reaction score
^ Very nice. And you're very trusting. If it was my brother playing my guitar, I'd tell him to keep both his feet on the floor, since my axe is worth more than his life obviously. ;)

Big PRS guy here...though I've had some affairs with other guitar brands over the years, the ones that always stay the same are my few PRSi.

I've always been a HUGE fan of Emil Werstler's Charcoal Cherry Burst...when Mike got his CU22 refinished in the color, I was sooo happy to see PRS was able to do it again.

Then this popped up for sale...let's just say it took all but 30 seconds to the sold...come to papa :hbang:

The coolest thing...the binding is stained charcoal...such a unique touch!

KGrHqJqoE-ZHeJINWBPmdWDF39Q60_57.jpg

KGrHqNncE9fid-UUDBPmdWMEBt60_57.jpg

KGrHqRpQE9ePUsmdBPmdWWejV60_57.jpg

NGD with better pics when she lands!
I love that color. That has to be one of the most unique finishes I've ever seen. Doesn't help that I dig Emil Werstler to begin with. :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Techno, quit being a dick and posting PRSi in finishes I can't afford :lol: Not helping.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
The P22 really has my attention, even more if it had the seemingly smaller heel the 2012 custom 24s have. I'm just eyeballing photos; I won't be able to try these all out until I redeploy. But with that said, it seems like either a custom artist package or just the right used one with modifications is the only way for my insanely picky ass to go. That's tough, because a fairly loaded P22 is going to run more than my BRJ and Daemoness builds combined (although the Daemoness is going to get there...:hbang:)!

I love the flame on Al Di Meola's PS McCarty; the grey/charcoal faded one. That grade of flamed maple with a 'Blue Fade' finish in color tones of Glacier Blue to Ice Blue to Aquamarine, all with a light faded denim throughout, would give me a freaking heart attack. That's it for me right there. Matching Glacier Blue flamed maple neck, mahogany body, Macassar Ebony fret board, standard everything else, and yeah, I need to sell some gear. Or a car. Leave me alone I'm talking myself into this.

I spotted a CU 22 with the 'blue fade' finish on ebay; gorgeous guitar. How hard would it be to install a piezo into a PRS? I'd be scared, and scared to let a repair man for that matter, to go at it and f'up the finish. But that would be a short term solution if it's possible.

GAS Pics:

xeL

Reaction score
Whilst I have always loved PRS guitars I have always been kinda dissapointed with the options that applied to a production Standard/Custom 24 such as fretboard wood, scale length and basic finishes to name a few (the older solid colors such as pearl white are some of my favorites). The new artist package though Is a great addition allowing for different neck/fretboard woods but for the price of a Cu24 with rosewood neck ($7300) I could fund a whole lot more.

On a side note I played 2 older set neck PRSi (1 Cu24 and 1 Standard 24 iirc) a few days ago and I just can't play my CE's without being slihgtly dissapointed, looks like a new purchase Is on the horizon after I recieve my 2 customs.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
The new artist package though Is a great addition allowing for different neck/fretboard woods but for the price of a Cu24 with rosewood neck ($7300) I could fund a whole lot more.

I am assuming the exchange rate is whats marking that price up so high for you?

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
ahhhh, why did i enter this thread. not helping my PRS gas :lol:

xeL

Reaction score
I am assuming the exchange rate is whats marking that price up so high for you?

I plucked the numbers from the PRS pricelist here but once 20% tax (if it applies) is factored In It becomes much higher.

If I was In the US I would probably jump for one though.

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
My Singlecut has completely spoiled me, I hardly ever pick up my other guitars anymore... the Strat gets occasional playtime when singlecoils are needed, but the RGs are completely collecting dust. A part of me wants to unload them all to fund a CU24 or another SC, damn you PRS...

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
^ do it.

I'm spoiled by my 2 PRSi's. A CE22 and a Singlecut Standard Satin. I don't play the Strat because tech I took it to for a fret dress cut the nut slot of the Low E too low, so I have to have higher than comfortable action. But even still, I can't stop playing the Singlecut. I've only had a few months and it feels like an extension of myself.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I plucked the numbers from the PRS pricelist here but once 20% tax (if it applies) is factored In It becomes much higher.

If I was In the US I would probably jump for one though.

FYI those are MSRP, not actual street price :2c:

Adeamus

sucks.
Reaction score
Hey Mike

So I was just RE-reading this thread (because sometimes all I want to do at 3:30AM is feel like my four american PRS's arn't enough :scream: ) and it made me realize something...

...you STILL haven't given us a video of you playing with your PTC job.

I think we all deserve it, even if its just you playing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" :D

deftones-88

Reaction score
I have the PRS Allender and it's by far one of the comfiest guitars I've owned. not to mention its feel and sound. Never had an issue and the finish is excellent. Oh and it sounds FANTASTIC as well! :) So I am pro PRS!

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Hey Mike

So I was just RE-reading this thread (because sometimes all I want to do at 3:30AM is feel like my four american PRS's arn't enough :scream: ) and it made me realize something...

...you STILL haven't given us a video of you playing with your PTC job.

I think we all deserve it, even if its just you playing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" :D

Haha if you really want a sound clip of me playing "Mary Had A Little Lamb"......... I'll haz to look 4 duh tabs first :lol:

')