PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I understand. I mentally process it more as $XXX is going to make my guitar PERFECT for me, instead of forcing me to go PS so it's personally worth it. But if you process things as $XXX ontop of $XXXX just for a feature of a guitar that is merely part of the collection, I can see where you are coming from.

Plus you DO have custom built Thorns to dull the pain :wub:

That's exactly what it came down to for me. I already invested a chunk into it, for what it would have cost me to make it ME it would have needed a refin too so between the neck re-carve and a refin I would be in the Thorn SoCal territory, so if I'm going for my ultimate strat, that's where I'm going anyways. :lol: I have my PRS that do what PRS do well, and if I need a different tool for the job and I want to get REALLY custom, I can't swing PS prices so I go Thorn. :) Just another tool to do a specific job. :D It's nice to have options in life! :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinchester

Reaction score
Here in Thailand PRS guitars start at roughly $3,000. The SEs are around $800.
That's why I have never thought about buying them; They are prohibitively expensive. And I can't handle that kind of wide neck very well but I guess people with bigger hands would love them.

Considering ESP Standards are about $1600 (M-II), I'd go for two ESPs over one PRS anyday.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Here in Thailand PRS guitars start at roughly $3,000. The SEs are around $800.
That's why I have never thought about buying them; They are prohibitively expensive. And I can't handle that kind of wide neck very well but I guess people with bigger hands would love them.

Considering ESP Standards are about $1600 (M-II), I'd go for two ESPs over one PRS anyday.

You know they have made like 5-6 different kinds of neck carves, right? The Wide/Thin is literally comparable to my old Ibanez S Prestiege.

Vinchester

Reaction score
You know they have made like 5-6 different kinds of neck carves, right? The Wide/Thin is literally comparable to my old Ibanez S Prestiege.

Unfortunately not, because I try not to spend much time around them for fear of developing expensive taste :lol: It's good to hear that though.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I played an NF3 yesterday, the neck was just fine actually.

Very smooth playing and very light. Almost too light though.

Yeah, the NF3 is awesome. The body is solid Korina, which is why it's so light - but thats also what helps shape that specific tone. The DC3 is alder and I think a smidge heavier but still in the same ballpark as far as tone.

That toneeeee....... :wub:

Reaction score
I have developed an extreme lust for these new PRS Schon models... :drool:

prs5.jpg

prs6.jpg

prs3.jpg

prs4.jpg

/fappage

EDIT: White Tiger finish!

prs11.jpg

prs12.jpg

prs13.jpg

Beautiful!!!

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Just saw this video from the PRS Experience 2010 and thought it was funny.

Experience PRS 2010 - Paul Helps Guys Take Home More PRS Guitars - YouTube

Funny story - thats my friend Hans. Paul actually flew his wife out for Experience last year, and on the schedule had something on the main stage called "Hans gets a divorse".

What he did was had security put Hans in a straight jacket, and then gave his wife a Prototype guitar - this is above Private Stock or Collection, its a person prototype Paul build of the now available Private Stock Signature guitar. So now his wife has a guitar that he could NEVER buy or duplicate. It's hysterical.

35hrac6.png

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
Funny story - thats my friend Hans. Paul actually flew his wife out for Experience last year, and on the schedule had something on the main stage called "Hans gets a divorse".

What he did was had security put Hans in a straight jacket, and then gave his wife a Prototype guitar - this is above Private Stock or Collection, its a person prototype Paul build of the now available Private Stock Signature guitar. So now his wife has a guitar that he could NEVER buy or duplicate. It's hysterical.

35hrac6.png

I saw the video of that right after lol

Musza

Reaction score
Here's my new baby (black cherry one). I love both of them, they play almost the same tonewise but the green one have WF neck and the second have a WT neck. I like WF more personally. I played few PRSa and it's a big lottery. My friends '96 CE24 was the best sounding guitar I ever heard than, my other friends '97 CU22 sux alot. The same story with '87 brazilian standard I tried, I didn't like it. My 2003 and 2004 CUs are great but can't say if I like them more than this CE24.

PRSy%20dwa.jpg

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Who or what do I have to sleep with to get one of those? I don't even like Floyds but wowzers!, nom nom

Someone who has 8-10k :lol:

Here's my new baby (black cherry one). I love both of them, they play almost the same tonewise but the green one have WF neck and the second have a WT neck. I like WF more personally. I played few PRSa and it's a big lottery. My friends '96 CE24 was the best sounding guitar I ever heard than, my other friends '97 CU22 sux alot. The same story with '87 brazilian standard I tried, I didn't like it. My 2003 and 2004 CUs are great but can't say if I like them more than this CE24.

Those are gorgeous man! Good to seem some PRSi living happily in Poland! I agree with you on the CE - I love those guitars and wish they made a comeback.

I have developed an extreme lust for these new PRS Schon models... :drool:

Dont you have a Gibson you should be playing right now? :squint: :lol:

I agree though - not my style but they are gorgeoussssssssssssss. The GC Platinum Room has a Glacier Blue one also...

Reaction score
Dont you have a Gibson you should be playing right now? :squint: :lol:

I agree though - not my style but they are gorgeoussssssssssssss. The GC Platinum Room has a Glacier Blue one also...

Don't worry, I'm playing the shit out my Gibson...Doesn't mean I can't stop to drool over the PRSi! :fawk:

Yeah I saw that Glacier Blue when I was cruising the GC site.
I also found Faded Indigo and Makena Blue at Wild West Guitars, both $11,520!

1339779168NealSchonJA15main.jpg

1339779172NealSchonJA15bckbody.jpg

1339776235SchonPSFdeMknnaBluemain.jpg

1339776239SchonPSFdeMknnaBlueback.jpg

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
Although I was informed recently (by someone who will not be named) in chat that buying PRS' at my age means that I am a lazy jackass whose parents buy him everything, I think I may pull the trigger on this lovely '91 Custom 24 when I feel the time is right.

112754B.jpg

112754C.jpg

If getting a PRS is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
dat White Tiger finish...
The SE custom's only come with tremolo's - you can easily block it with a Tremel-no though! I believe the SE Tim Mahoney is the only fixed bridge, double cut SE unless you wanted a baritone.
The Semi-Hollow is also fixed bridge, unless you're just counting solid-bodies.

Imbrium998

Bangs head here
Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm playing the shit out my Gibson...Doesn't mean I can't stop to drool over the PRSi! :fawk:

Yeah I saw that Glacier Blue when I was cruising the GC site.
I also found Faded Indigo and Makena Blue at Wild West Guitars, both $11,520!

1339779168NealSchonJA15main.jpg

1339779172NealSchonJA15bckbody.jpg

1339776235SchonPSFdeMknnaBluemain.jpg

1339776239SchonPSFdeMknnaBlueback.jpg

Holy Shiz Batman.....I am in LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE with those hollowbodies! That deserves a Samuel L Jackson "DAYMMMMMMM"

')