PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sojorel

Scourge
Reaction score
I have unfortunately read this thread all the way through and am not currently satisfied.

This thread needs an injection of new pics, stat.

Bam!

P1030610small.jpg

P103059small.jpg

fr4nci2c0

Reaction score
I have always wanted a JP6 because of the amazing build quality and piezo system. Until this was introduced PRS Guitars | P22

I have been trying to decide which one I want (first) but I definatley am going with the P22 in this finish. What are your guys thoughts on this guitar?

1331334790ErizaVerdeflame.jpg

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
Well you have my blessing for that P22, I love anything with a piezo in it lol Not to mention those pickups look particularly interesting being all square and such.

Are you familiar with the wide-fat neck though?

im always going to love them, still waiting for the day i can afford a black 24 custom

Like this one? :cool: I never knew you could get them in hardtail until recently, apparently it was only an option for the 90's through 2002 or so.

PAUL REED SMITH PRS CUSTOM 24, WIDE THIN NECK, HARD CASE, HARD TAIL | eBay

$(KGrHqV,!jUE-cLl3gJiBP36uF0N!!~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!hQE+CLWkE7HBP36uJvJ6g~~60_57.JPG

P.S. I have at least 80 more pictures on hand right now of beautiful PRS guitars like the ones up there if you want me to post them too. I figure one 20 pic post is good per 40-post page.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
While it's not one of my higher-end USA PRS, here's a shot of my finally-modded Mushok! :D Added a set of Black Hawk 6 pickups and some Schaller locking tuners to it, WAY better now! :hbang: Still needs a new Tusq nut since the plastic one that came stock was a bit jacked up and rough, but that's easy to fix later when I have time to bring her to a tech. :yesway:

318083_10151014922224533_754992317_n.jpg

563478_10151014926619533_1171352741_n.jpg

Still need to finish doing the setup, been feeling uber lazy this weekend so I just haven't taken the time to adjust the rest of it since it went from .014-.064 in Drop A to .013-.056 in Drop B and the neck moved a little obviously. :lol:

fr4nci2c0

Reaction score
That is a good price for that 24. I am not familiar with that neck profile. When I do have the money to get this guitar I would like to play it before I buy it, that said it wont be anytime soon.

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
I would say definitely go used when the time comes, but first make sure that is what you want by regularly trying that model as well as a few different ones out as well.

There will have to be a decently priced used P22 for sale in a few years time, and you have all that time to decide if it is what is best for you.

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, and the headstocks on that "eriza verde" color sometimes look natural as usual but with a slight burst around the edges with a very earthy brown (it may just be an optical illusion but I love it). I would say hold out for one of those because the flat natural headstocks never look quite right.

188395B.jpg

Even the back of that model has the same rich earthy color:

188395E.jpg

That guitar might as well be a palm tree frond with how natural it looks.

Hmm, this SC Stripped 58 seems to have it also:

183489B.jpg

This Artist V circumvents the problem in an interesting way :p

82230B.jpg

On the other hand, this Crab Blue Stripped SC 58 has the more flat headstock color, but it still looks nice nonetheless:

82149B.jpg

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not a burst you're noticing on the headstock, it's partially the light and the piece of wood used for the headstock and the other part is that the ears of the headstock are small pieces of wood glued onto the side of the headstock and trimmed off by the CNC. It's more cost-efficient (and eco-friendly too I supposed) to use smaller pieces of wood for the neck and gluing on those two pieces on each side of the headstock to compensate for the missing wood needed for the ears. Sometimes those pieces of wood don't match in color since they are not always from the same blank of wood, that's when you end up with those darker looking corners.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Oh, and the headstocks on that "eriza verde" color sometimes look natural as usual but with a slight burst around the edges with a very earthy brown (it may just be an optical illusion but I love it). I would say hold out for one of those because the flat natural headstocks never look quite right.

I think its a combination of lighting and editing that the guys at Dave's guitar does. Matt's right in saying that the wings of the headstock are usually different grains/shades, but the matching is never insanely off.

p4_udpnmtzk0_ss.jpg

Papaoneil

Reaction score
I think that Matt and Mike are the reason that I hate myself, mainly for the gorgeous guitars that they bring to the table, one day I will be at the top with you

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I so nearly pulled the trigger on one of these bad boys, but I scored an epi bari lp super cheap. This makes me still want one. :D

I like how sleek the bkps look with it, and all silverbursts are nom

The Mushok is truly a sweet deal! They're not bad stock, the stock tuners aren't the best IMO and the stock pickups sound great clean but I wasn't huge on the bridge for high gain. Since I already had a set of the BH 6'ers here I tossed them in and it sounds amazing now! :metal: All in all, not an expensive guitar and it rocks! :D

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
I think its a combination of lighting and editing that the guys at Dave's guitar does. Matt's right in saying that the wings of the headstock are usually different grains/shades, but the matching is never insanely off.

p4_udpnmtzk0_ss.jpg

Hmm, well that kills my Ezira Verde GAS XD That is a ghastly orange, I really hope that is just bad incandescent lighting.

Worth an email to Dave's though to inquire about the exact color of the wood finish.

The Mushok is truly a sweet deal! They're not bad stock, the stock tuners aren't the best IMO and the stock pickups sound great clean but I wasn't huge on the bridge for high gain. Since I already had a set of the BH 6'ers here I tossed them in and it sounds amazing now! :metal: All in all, not an expensive guitar and it rocks! :D

I personally can't wait to get rid of mine.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Hmm, well that kills my Ezira Verde GAS XD That is a ghastly orange, I really hope that is just bad incandescent lighting.
Worth an email to Dave's though to inquire about the exact color of the wood finish.

Yeah - it's not a stain - its just mahogany that is au natural and cleared in v12.

Yeah I have a friend who has one at PTC right now for a Graphtech and Tremonti pickups. Should be a killer when its home! :metal:

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah - it's not a stain - its just mahogany that is au natural and cleared in v12.

Yeah I have a friend who has one at PTC right now for a Graphtech and Tremonti pickups. Should be a killer when its home! :metal:

Well I have always loved the pinkish brown look of natural mahogany, it has that same tone of color like in the pics I posted. What you posted looked like it had a vintage yellow tint to it that offended my eyes >.>

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah man that should be sweet! There's a dude who did that to his back on BaM who loved the results! Aside from wanting to add a Tusq nut to mine, I am really happy with it. Maybe I just got a "good" one, but even out of the box it was a very nice guitar, especially for the price. :yesway:

Latest posts

')