PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Leviathan, meet Megaladon. :metal:

$T2eC16dHJIQE9qUHuFHkBQBcvbfRcQ%7E%7E60_3.JPG

Sold my blue CE24 and my custom has been finished and Is getting It's hardware/electronics Installed and a setup.

Had the blue and black CE24s setup a few weeks ago, never knew 11's in standard with a maple board and SS frets would be so easy to play.

Music-49 has some of THE coolest PRS guitars in stock at any given time! Did you see the Artist package P22 they have in faded blue jean with a flamed maple neck and an ebony fretboard?! Aye carumba! :wub:

PRS P22 Artist Package "Faded Blue Jean" Paul Reed Smith | eBay

FUGGGGGG! :bowdown:

$T2eC16hHJHoE9n3KhV7(BQJtmrZP9g~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16JHJHoE9n3Kd6utBQJtoUhiy!~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16FHJGYE9nooiLeKBQJtopBuLQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16hHJG!E9nm3sBtZBQJtoZW4cw~~60_57.JPG

According to JP, Music-49 is still a relatively new shop and they ONLY stock PRS currently. Makes sense that they focus on getting the cream of the crop for their stock, eh?! :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Matt, please, I JUST got my SLS3 in the mail and now you have audacity to post that denim PRS?! FOR SHAME.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
So because of HighGain510's new guitars I cant stop the idea of getting one. :lol: Guess I know what I'm saving for. :hbang:

Same lol.

I was trying to stay away from any new guitars, but seeing Matt's new guitars plus a few awesome Music Man guitars and ESP Standard and CS guitars...looks like my wallet is going to hate me XD

EDIT: Just saw a Suhr....got to get one of those too...:wallbash:

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
Same lol.

I was trying to stay away from any new guitars, but seeing Matt's new guitars plus a few awesome Music Man guitars and ESP Standard and CS guitars...looks like my wallet is going to hate me XD

EDIT: Just saw a Suhr....got to get one of those too...:wallbash:
I think we just became best friends lol

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
It's pretty dark already so no SLR pics, but these two are just KILLER! :wub:

551815_10151137437489533_512911492_n.jpg

200758_10151137327804533_1815664272_n.jpg

Need to play the 513 through my Tubemeister 18 since that thing LOVES single coils and the EVH seems to favor hums a bit more, but they both sound fantastic! :D Happy camper, the neck carves on both guitars are pretty much perfect!!! :bowdown:

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I am in love with that P22 man, gorgeous top!

Where did you get it from? You said you got it in VA

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah ok cool, thanks man.

No worries bro. :yesway: I'm not sure how far Rocket Music is for you, but the guy I bought the P22 from said they seem to get some nice ones in from time to time. I don't typically check their stock often since it's a bit of a hike for me to get down there, but they're down in Blacksburg so it might not be too far from you to swing by the shop to check a bunch out in person to pick out the best playing/sounding one if that's what you're looking for? :D

Rocket Music - PRS Guitars (In Stock) - all

Doesn't look like they have any P22's in stock right now though, unless maybe they're on order and just haven't shipped yet. :)

If you're looking online for dealers that have a ton of new ones coming into stock (since these guys are all pretty high-volume PRS dealers), check out the following shops:

Music-49 (one of my faves, tiny dealer that ONLY stocks PRS currently and they get a LOT of one-offs/special pieces): PRS Guitars, Guitar Amplifiers items in music 49 inc store on eBay!

Willcutt Guitars (stock a TON of PRS, lots and lots of nice ones, my P22 was custom-ordered by the previous owner through them): PRS Paul Reed Smith Guitars

Martin Music (lots of nice PRS, lots of new stock): Paul Reed Smith | Martin Music

The Guitar Shop (Canadian shop, never bought from them because of shipping and whatnot, but they have a LOT of nice PRS in stock as well): The Guitar Shop - Featured Products

Wild West Guitars (order a lot of really nice stuff from PRS): Wild West Guitars

Those are all the places I would check first if I were on a serious search for buying a new PRS. :D

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
The Guitar Shop (Canadian shop, never bought from them because of shipping and whatnot, but they have a LOT of nice PRS in stock as well): The Guitar Shop - Featured Products

FWIW I would give my PRS collection, first born child and last cookie to Brent from The Guitar Shop. This guy has seriously become not just my authority on PRSi, but he's also become a friend for life. Can't speak highly enough about it :wub:

Every other one of those stores you mentioned are also great and top dealers. May I also recommend Wildwood Guitars. I bought my 513 from them and they went through hoops to help me make it happen. :yesway:

animalwithin

Reaction score
I LOVE PRS and I think they make magnificient guitars but I don't think I'd ever own one. They're too pretty, all I want to do is sit and look at it. I feel like if I got so much as a finger print mark on it, I'll feel bad.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
I LOVE PRS and I think they make magnificient guitars but I don't think I'd ever own one. They're too pretty, all I want to do is sit and look at it. I feel like if I got so much as a finger print mark on it, I'll feel bad.

Then pick up a used Custom/CE/Standard/whatever. Don't go for the poncey tops but earlier 10s are generally very nice. Pretty cheap for a USAer, look 90s for best value (there's usually a premium on the 80s instruments, 00s may be a little more). Used PRSi are usually pretty well looked after. My 87 Standard, no nonsense mahogany through and through but has a nice BRW fretboard: badassery, not pimpery. :cool:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn you Matt for getting me looking at PRSs again...

This is hot as hell and calling my name (my credit card saw what I was looking at, screamed, and ran away :lol:)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!hIF!NNzjwQLBQJsQgWDSQ~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqZ,!hIF!NNzjwQLBQJsQgWDSQ~~60_57.JPG
    444.5 KB · Views: 341
  • $(KGrHqV,!rUF!dOz4)13BQJsQ(02Pw~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqV,!rUF!dOz4)13BQJsQ(02Pw~~60_57.JPG
    468.3 KB · Views: 342
  • $T2eC16NHJGoE9nuQeS6bBQJsQzqs-w~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16NHJGoE9nuQeS6bBQJsQzqs-w~~60_57.JPG
    490.8 KB · Views: 340

Rock4ever

Reaction score
No worries bro. :yesway: I'm not sure how far Rocket Music is for you, but the guy I bought the P22 from said they seem to get some nice ones in from time to time. I don't typically check their stock often since it's a bit of a hike for me to get down there, but they're down in Blacksburg so it might not be too far from you to swing by the shop to check a bunch out in person to pick out the best playing/sounding one if that's what you're looking for? :D

Rocket Music - PRS Guitars (In Stock) - all

Doesn't look like they have any P22's in stock right now though, unless maybe they're on order and just haven't shipped yet. :)

If you're looking online for dealers that have a ton of new ones coming into stock (since these guys are all pretty high-volume PRS dealers), check out the following shops:

Music-49 (one of my faves, tiny dealer that ONLY stocks PRS currently and they get a LOT of one-offs/special pieces): PRS Guitars, Guitar Amplifiers items in music 49 inc store on eBay!

Willcutt Guitars (stock a TON of PRS, lots and lots of nice ones, my P22 was custom-ordered by the previous owner through them): PRS Paul Reed Smith Guitars

Martin Music (lots of nice PRS, lots of new stock): Paul Reed Smith | Martin Music

Wild West Guitars (order a lot of really nice stuff from PRS): Wild West Guitars

Those are all the places I would check first if I were on a serious search for buying a new PRS. :D

Don't be discouraged by possible shipping costs from TGS. If you see something you like, hit Brent up with an email about it. Last month I bought a P22 from TGS and Brent's quote was very competitive, even with shipping.

')