PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Still battling the urge to drop a Hollowbody II on the charge card from Guitar Center "Just to try out." :lol:

Do it!

The HB II is still one of the most amazing guitars I've ever played. Such a beautiful sound, and could cover almost any style of music with it.

I'm currently drooling over this one...

190820-angle-l.jpg

190820-detail4-l.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do it!

The HB II is still one of the most amazing guitars I've ever played. Such a beautiful sound, and could cover almost any style of music with it.

That's what scares me. I would be getting it expressly to try out and return... but I'm afraid I might have some problems with the return part of the equation :lol:

Reaction score
I've played and worked on PRS s and I think their great guitars. Very well built with high quality hardware and really good pickups. I don't care for the rotary switch pickup selector but that's just me. They are pretty expensive though. I'd look into getting a used one that isn't too beat up.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
You know you have too many guitars when you can forget you have 3 PRS instead of 2 simply because it was in a gig bag and fell behind a stack of cases.... :ugh: :lol:

This one is going to get wrapped up finally, selling one of my cheaper guitars to a local buddy and that should cover the paint and refret/PLEK job (both gents are ex-PRS employees too which is badass, it will also be getting a replacement original PRS logo! :hbang:) so this guy will finally work again:

318189_10150922835189533_1578121252_n.jpg

Going to be a beast! :flex:

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
You know you have too many guitars when you can forget you have 3 PRS instead of 2 simply because it was in a gig bag and fell behind a stack of cases.... :ugh: :lol:

This one is going to get wrapped up finally, selling one of my cheaper guitars to a local buddy and that should cover the paint and refret/PLEK job (both gents are ex-PRS employees too which is badass, it will also be getting a replacement original PRS logo! :hbang:) so this guy will finally work again:

318189_10150922835189533_1578121252_n.jpg

Going to be a beast! :flex:

Whats the story with that one? a soapy?
Is that a 2tek?
Nothing like bringing a guitar back to life!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Whats the story with that one? a soapy?
Is that a 2tek?
Nothing like bringing a guitar back to life!

Yep, started out life as a beat to piss McSoapy with worn frets and a crapload of dings including a couple on the neck (courtesy of the previous owner :wallbash:) and now has a 2Tek and a pair of Thorn GT-90H humbuckers! :metal: Next up is a stainless steel refret and PLEK and refin and it is going to be awesome again! :D

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
how do you like the 2tek? i was thinking about getting one in a new build that i have coming up.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
how do you like the 2tek? i was thinking about getting one in a new build that i have coming up.

I've had it on several other guitars (including one I still have incoming on order), and I paid to have it installed on this guitar. That should likely tell you how much I like it. :D It's a VERY comfortable hardtail, it does have it's own sound going on because the strings all ring out individually on those "fingers" but I like it. :yesway:

And why isn't that part by the bridge still painted over?

Well the holes from the original stoptail were filled in and sealed, but obviously the guitar hasn't been refinished yet. Would have been a total waste to bother paying the guy who installed the bridge extra to paint over that when I planned to get the whole guitar refinished anyways. :shrug: The guitar is going to get re-fretted/PLEK'd and painted shortly. ;)

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I've had it on several other guitars (including one I still have incoming on order), and I paid to have it installed on this guitar. That should likely tell you how much I like it. :D It's a VERY comfortable hardtail, it does have it's own sound going on because the strings all ring out individually on those "fingers" but I like it. :yesway:

Well the holes from the original stoptail were filled in and sealed, but obviously the guitar hasn't been refinished yet. Would have been a total waste to bother paying the guy who installed the bridge extra to paint over that when I planned to get the whole guitar refinished anyways. :shrug: The guitar is going to get re-fretted/PLEK'd and painted shortly. ;)

So does the 2tek make the guitar brighter? More sustain?

Is the block adjustable for guitars with different body thicknesses?

The gears are starting to grid and i'm thinking about 2tek + PRS Baritone :squint:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
So does the 2tek make the guitar brighter? More sustain?

Is the block adjustable for guitars with different body thicknesses?

The gears are starting to grid and i'm thinking about 2tek + PRS Baritone :squint:

The tone unplugged might sound brighter but plugged in it still sounds similar to how it did before, however the notes ring out more freely and since they ring out individually the clarity of each string is greatly increased. Tons more sustain.

The "block" is not adjustable, Mike makes a few version that will work with a few different guitar thicknesses, but you would have to contact him directly to find out if it would work with the guitar you have in mind. If you want to email him, Mike's business email is info@the2tek.com, he's very friendly too and was quite helpful getting mine installed quickly as well! :D

OlisDead

Reaction score
I need some advice! I got a trade offer for my 100% mint PRS Custom 22 20th anniversary. The guy offers a mint PRS Custom 22 special. I don't know this model, so if you have more information, it's more than welcome!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I need some advice! I got a trade offer for my 100% mint PRS Custom 22 20th anniversary. The guy offers a mint PRS Custom 22 special. I don't know this model, so if you have more information, it's more than welcome!

Well your guitar likely has a 3-way toggle switch or rotary switch and 2 hums, and his has a 5-way blade and H-S-H configuration. If you're looking for more versatility, I'd take the trade if the condition is the same as well as the options (birds/10 top etc.). :2c: They are cool guitars. :D

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Well your guitar likely has a 3-way toggle switch or rotary switch and 2 hums, and his has a 5-way blade and H-S-H configuration. If you're looking for more versatility, I'd take the trade if the condition is the same as well as the options (birds/10 top etc.). :2c: They are cool guitars. :D

Yeah - neither model (Cu22 or Special) are no longer offered through regular production. Like Matt said if you're looking for something with more tone options you can't go wrong with the trade.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

Ah, I thought this was AFTER you'd had it refinished and for some reason left that spot :lol:

Edit : weren't you having it refinished in a similar/potentially the same color? Now that I looked at the bottom of it as well there's more spots too that I hadn't seen before.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, I thought this was AFTER you'd had it refinished and for some reason left that spot :lol:

Edit : weren't you having it refinished in a similar/potentially the same color? Now that I looked at the bottom of it as well there's more spots too that I hadn't seen before.

Nope, originally I was going to go with a flip-flop silver-to-gold finish but that's out, I'm going BRIGHT lime pearl! :D The guitar has a theme that shall be revealed when the paint and custom truss rod cover inlay have been completed! :D

OlisDead

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! Well, considering mine isn't a 10-top and the one I've been offered is a 10-top, I'm gonna accept the trade. Plus, the CU22 special color is teal black, I really love it!

')