PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
Yep, started out life as a beat to piss McSoapy with worn frets and a crapload of dings including a couple on the neck (courtesy of the previous owner :wallbash:) and now has a 2Tek and a pair of Thorn GT-90H humbuckers! :metal: Next up is a stainless steel refret and PLEK and refin and it is going to be awesome again! :D

:yesway::yesway:

we require pics when its reborn!
I would love a 2tek tele :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Here's my baby I based of Ben Burnley's Baritone
2012-04-10101834.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

ThemBones89

Reaction score
Yeah you're totally right - take away the flashy top, nice inlays, great fretwork, great construction, quality control and really good pickups you're literally left with a pile of wood and electronics like any other company. Its wierd :spock:

Ha ha, taking it even further back your left with the tree :spock:

I love these guitars, I just wish they'd make a production 7 string model, the glimpses of private stock PRS 7 just look awesome!

Perhaps they should make an SE model 7???

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Man, fuck this thread, I gotta stop coming back here to get my guitars asses handed to me :(

ThemBones89

Reaction score
se 7 and se basses

Totally aggree, they make a Baritone SE so surely it wouldn't be such a big step to make 7's ad basses??? Also feel they would sell a lot of them.

The Private Stock 7s and Basses look very impressive.

kabz

Reaction score
Love PRS.
Just traded my Petrucci 6-string EBMM for a 2012 Custom 24 Flamed 10-top.
Should be here soon. (I switched it out a couple times -- first I got pattern regular flamed 10 top, then I got pattern thin in a different color, but I switched the color to quilted black gold wrap)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Not a PRS guitar but it IS a PRS amp.... :lol:

383175_10151183521444533_1359618510_n.jpg

Came across a good deal for a PRS "Original Sewell" model and figured I wanted to try out one of the PRS USA-built amps but I wouldn't pay anywhere near the new price for one if I did. :rofl: Pretty cool amp, definitely does the Marshall EL34 clean/plexi/high gain tones all in one amp, and responds well to rolling back the volume knob just like a good plexi should. Not sure if it will stick around as I'm having Mesa LSS GAS and have other stuff to pay off still, but figured it was worth a try since the opportunity came up! :D

sear

Reaction score
My brother bought a $2400 PRS and owned it for about 3 weeks before returning it after realizing he really did not need a guitar that expensive (thanks, Long & McQuade return policies!). But damn, for that 3 weeks it was one of the best guitars I've ever played. It was one of the Les Paul single cutaway styles, natural wood satin finish. Beautiful and effortless to play.

Not the best guitars ever, granted - there are better custom shop instruments out there - but for a production line guitar I honestly do not think you can do better. They're also probably the perfect studio instruments, just due to their versatility and sheer build quality.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
plexi tones, PRS build, Paisley :bowdown:

Yeah the amp looks badass and Doug Sewell does fantastic work! Still waiting to see if it sticks around or not, I have TERRIBLE Mesa GAS as well and the EVH is handling my gain tones pretty well.... :ugh: I got a good deal so I'll likely either see if someone on the PRS forum needs one at a good price or call the store and see if they'll let me take it back, I was more curious than anything else. :lol:

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
Yeah the amp looks badass and Doug Sewell does fantastic work! Still waiting to see if it sticks around or not, I have TERRIBLE Mesa GAS as well and the EVH is handling my gain tones pretty well.... :ugh: I got a good deal so I'll likely either see if someone on the PRS forum needs one at a good price or call the store and see if they'll let me take it back, I was more curious than anything else. :lol:
]
That is cheating :lol:
I've not really seen any PRS amps outside of blues style yet

Musza

Reaction score
Here is my 1996 PRS Custom 22 in Royal Blue which actually after years looks like a whale blue. I put Gotoh wraparound bridge because of the intonation set-up possibility. Great guitar :)
20120911_173805.jpg

you can see how the colour of the top changed:
20120911_174250.jpg

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
My brother bought a $2400 PRS and owned it for about 3 weeks before returning it after realizing he really did not need a guitar that expensive (thanks, Long & McQuade return policies!). But damn, for that 3 weeks it was one of the best guitars I've ever played. It was one of the Les Paul single cutaway styles, natural wood satin finish. Beautiful and effortless to play.

Not the best guitars ever, granted - there are better custom shop instruments out there - but for a production line guitar I honestly do not think you can do better. They're also probably the perfect studio instruments, just due to their versatility and sheer build quality.
The Satin series... I almost bought one of those many years ago after the line was discontinued and they were going cheap. I kind of regret it as they were really nice instruments.

kabz

Reaction score
My 2012 Custom 24 - Quilted Maple Ten Top - Pattern Thin neck - Black Gold Wrap.

1YKlS.jpg

xeL

Reaction score
Here is my 1996 PRS Custom 22 in Royal Blue which actually after years looks like a whale blue. I put Gotoh wraparound bridge because of the intonation set-up possibility. Great guitar :)

Is the Gotoh wraparound a straight drop In using the PRS studs?

I've always been put off stoptail customs due to the non adjustable tailpiece that came with them, the official adjustable tailpiece Is quite expensive IIRC and the more traditional Gotohs don't look as beefy.

')