PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
PRS fat bottom girl lovin' :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_3374.JPG
    DSC_3374.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 418

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
That mushok looks almost exactly like mine! What kind of pups? What did you replace your tone knob with?

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
It varies depending on the top wood - something with more defined flames will have more black lines throughout it. Also I think the natural back and light rosewood board on this guitar make it look a little lighter but you get the point.

prs_408_armando_1923901.jpg

prs_408_armando_1923902.jpg
I really like that lighter hue. I'm thinking of either this, or a fire red burst.
Initialy, I wasn't looking into a 10 top... But when you get into PRSi price range, the extra $500 or so really doesn't matter. So I will likely go for a 10-top.

Having never bought a new PRS, can you do special orders? For example, call up a PRS Dealer, and have them order a Cu24 10-top in a standard finish, with standard options like HFS/VB pups, and a pattern thin neck? and maybe with little to no upcharge?

Or is it more of a, "what we get, is what you get to choose from." deal?
Sorry for the potentially dumb question.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I really like that lighter hue. I'm thinking of either this, or a fire red burst.
Initialy, I wasn't looking into a 10 top... But when you get into PRSi price range, the extra $500 or so really doesn't matter. So I will likely go for a 10-top.

Having never bought a new PRS, can you do special orders? For example, call up a PRS Dealer, and have them order a Cu24 10-top in a standard finish, with standard options like HFS/VB pups, and a pattern thin neck? and maybe with little to no upcharge?

Or is it more of a, "what we get, is what you get to choose from." deal?
Sorry for the potentially dumb question.

No, the beauty of working with dealers is that if they don't have something in stock that you want - they can order it within reason and your requests look all doable. I would talk to www.theguitarshop.ca and email Brent - he is the Obi Wan to our PRSi and make things happen :yesway:

Curt

Reaction score
Thanks, man!
I still have like 6 months of saving up to do before any PRSi will make way to my home. I just like to gain the knowledge beforehand. Also, as far as finishes go. Are some of the finishes(i.e.: faded aquamarine, and that Emil Werstler-esque red/charcoal burst) reserved for PS/Artist package?

I am such a PRS noob. Most higher end guitars I have owned were bought used...

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, man!
I still have like 6 months of saving up to do before any PRSi will make way to my home. I just like to gain the knowledge beforehand. Also, as far as finishes go. Are some of the finishes(i.e.: faded aquamarine, and that Emil Werstler-esque red/charcoal burst) reserved for PS/Artist package?

I am such a PRS noob. Most higher end guitars I have owned were bought used...

If you go to the page for the model you're looking for you can see what finishes are offered for each model:

PRS Guitars | Electric Guitars, Acoustic Guitars, Amplifiers and Accessories

Say you were looking for Custom 24 allowable colors (without going PS):

PRS Guitars | Custom 24 Colors

PRS Custom 24 Color Chart said:
Antique Natural
Antique White
Armandos Amethyst
Autumn Sky
Black
Black Gold Burst
Boyd Burst
Charcoal Burst
Dark Cherry Burst
Fire Red Burst
Gold Top
Gray Black
Jade
Livingston Lemondrop
Makena Blue
McCarty Tobacco Sunburst
McCarty Sunburst
Orange Tiger
Santana Yellow
Trampas Green
Whale Blue

They also have pictures of most colors there too in case you haven't seen them before (or you could also do a google image search of the color name which would likely pop up dealer images for you too :yesway:) to see if they're something you're into. :)

Those specific finishes you mentioned above are typically PS-only but I have seen a few odd dealer one-offs that PRS allowed that were similar so who knows, the dealer could likely let you know if they're able to swing something. Brent @ TGS in Canada or Brian @ Brian's Guitars in CT are both excellent dealers I've bought from recently and highly recommend them both! :D

ESPImperium

@ESPImperium
Reaction score
That mushok looks almost exactly like mine! What kind of pups? What did you replace your tone knob with?

Its an old pic, but it has a tone knob now, now it has a Di Marzio Air Norton in the bridge and 36th Anniversary (Bridge) in the neck.

Curt

Reaction score
If you go to the page for the model you're looking for you can see what finishes are offered for each model:

PRS Guitars | Electric Guitars, Acoustic Guitars, Amplifiers and Accessories

Say you were looking for Custom 24 allowable colors (without going PS):

PRS Guitars | Custom 24 Colors

They also have pictures of most colors there too in case you haven't seen them before (or you could also do a google image search of the color name which would likely pop up dealer images for you too :yesway:) to see if they're something you're into. :)

Those specific finishes you mentioned above are typically PS-only but I have seen a few odd dealer one-offs that PRS allowed that were similar so who knows, the dealer could likely let you know if they're able to swing something. Brent @ TGS in Canada or Brian @ Brian's Guitars in CT are both excellent dealers I've bought from recently and highly recommend them both! :D
They updated the standard colors for 2013, eh? I should probably have checked there before. D'oh!

Makena Blue, Armando's Amethyst, and Fire Red Burst are the top 3 contenders.

Now to google images. :lol:

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can order with a 3 position switch?

I don't like the blade disposition.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
They updated the standard colors for 2013, eh? I should probably have checked there before. D'oh!

Makena Blue, Armando's Amethyst, and Fire Red Burst are the top 3 contenders.

Now to google images. :lol:

no Eriza Verde :hbang: hope that colour is gone for good now so my guitar is rarer :cool:

Chiba666

Reaction score
Really thinking about picking up an SE 245, found a good deal on new ones with 200 quid off, but with my Ran due next month might have to be an ebay hunt.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok I do have to take a moment to say holy crap are PRS locking tuners expensive :lol:

I tend to put locking tuners on all my guitars and am just looking at ordering some for something new that just landed ;)

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Ok I do have to take a moment to say holy crap are PRS locking tuners expensive

I tend to put locking tuners on all my guitars and am just looking at ordering some for something new that just landed ;)

Haha yeah! All the stuff is machined in the US so its expensive. I do however love the phase III's - they look so sick with the exposed gear!

I think the worst pricing on an accessory though is the lampshade knobs - $30 a pack so at $15 bucks each it cost me an arm and a leg to replace all 4 on my Tremonti :lol:

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
So, here's the story of my life. For the past year, I've been trying to locate my 20th Anniversary Cu22 that I traded off about a year and a half ago. Since I got back from my NAMM trip, I've been saving up my pennies, flip-flopping gear left and right to buy my Cu22 back when and if I finally came across it. Finally found it that it had been traded in to Long & McQuade in Vancouver a few months ago. On Tuesday, I emailed the store with pictures, a spec sheet and the serial number and unluckily enough, it sold exactly ONE WEEK ago. What a bummer!

Anywho, I will be joining the PRS family again soon, I have cash burning a hole in my pocket but I'm trying to hold out for the right one!

')