PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Decon87

Reaction score
So, tell me, are they worth it? They're costy, they look good, they sound good, but are they worth they're price? Do you own one? What's your favorite finish?

Just talk about PRS's here :hbang:

Reason for the topic: I just love their looks, and made myself a wallpaper of the 2011-models, which made me think about what you guys like/hate about them. Wallpaper included.

prscollection2.jpg

I own a PRS Custom 24 10-top, you can see it as my avatar and profile picture. They're EXTREMELY nice guitars, play exceptionally well, and I love it to death. However, they're NOT $3000 nice. One big issue I had with mine was that the chrome plating on the bridge started oxidizing in one spot the first week I got it. I had only played it once and wiped it down thoroughly immediately after I played. No excuse for that.

You can get an extremely nice custom guitar for maybe a little bit extra that's tailored specifically to your needs. In hindsight, that's the route I would have taken.

That being said, behold:

K9CkvEd.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

protest

Reaction score
^
1) Sweet.

2) Not trying to start shit, but how many custom guitars get completed and to the buyer within a year and don't come with a "cons/flaws/blemishes" section in the NGD? We always think the grass is greener, but you probably made the right decision man.

ihunda

Reaction score
CU24 faded blue denim smokeburst (yes, that's the real name of that color!), lightest mahog guitar I've ever had, but incredible sustain.
DSCF0487.jpg

Decon87

Reaction score
^
1) Sweet.

2) Not trying to start shit, but how many custom guitars get completed and to the buyer within a year and don't come with a "cons/flaws/blemishes" section in the NGD? We always think the grass is greener, but you probably made the right decision man.

That's true, finding a good reputable luthier in a lower price range like that can be tough. Doesn't Skervesen usually come out to ~$3000 though? I've only heard and seen awesome things about them, other than that one post where there was a small crack in the hard case when it arrived.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
I just nabbed myself an SE Custom 24 and I absolutely love it! :D

NGDPRS2.jpg

And here's how it sounds!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/c2aye/prs-ngd-clip[/SC]

Reaction score
'sup,

i managed to get my hand on a decent camera, so I did some pics of my PRS.
It is an Artist 24, Meinl 60th Anniversary Edition.

Hope you like them! :)

Reaction score
Thanks man, much appreciated!

Well it's my first "expensive" guitar.
About a year ago I started studying, and till then, I had a car. Once I moved to my current city, I realized that a car was about as unnecessary as it gets.
So one day I walked into a huge guitar store in Hamburg, just fooling around.
I played a few PRS, but none of them really gave me that "kick". However, I didn't plan on buying a guitar anyway. So then I stumbled across this beauty, and it was similar to the first Harry Potter-Movie, where he gets his wand. I instantly knew that I had to have this guitar, if you know what I mean.
So yeah, I payed 500 Euros to have it put aside for me, and struggled 3 months on where to get the rest of the money.
So I sold my car and bought this.
It's sweet, really. The first guitar I have played so far that really mesmerized me. Even though I already had some significantly better guitars in my hand (a B2, a few Strandbergs, a few Teuffels, Frank Hartungs, usw.), I would prefer none over this one.

Specs:
Well yeah, since its an artist, it has artist-grade wood, though the choice of woods is rather unspectacular. It has the same combination of Mahagoni, Maple / Mahagoni, Rosewood like every standard C24.
Pickups: 57/08.

Thats about it.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Agreed.

But really hard to photograph. :lol:

Apologies, that was with my point n shoot sony, I'll try yet some decent slr shots this weekend, that was the best I could get before heading away with work for the week :/

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
No, that wasn't a criticism, that was just my own experience with watches (I like the black-on-black look) and cats.

sloanthebone

I power the chords
Reaction score
PRS makes my favorite guitars. I like the way the light was coming into the window and decided to take some pictures. I took each picture with my blue fade custom 24 which was a 40th birthday present early this year from my wife. All guitars outside of the blue fade were bought used.

Paul's Guitar in black gold with my Custom 24 blue fade

15820149311_b23bdcbc39_b.jpg

PRS Mark Tremonti sig in charcoal burst

15636856827_ac169ce311_b.jpg

PRS P22 Artist in Aqua Verde Fog

15636618698_7bc5937d6f_b.jpg

PRS Ted McCarty SC245 Soapbar with Thorn staple top p90s

15636617758_9aa472177a_b.jpg

PRS SC58 in Black Gold

15202605223_fc5f34a9cc_b.jpg

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
That's a hell of a collection.

And wow, the sketchy birds on Paul's Guitar are sexy. I mean, as is the rest of those...

Deniz

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first collaboration video Pharrel Williams - Happy covered in Hard Rock / Metal that I've recorded with my PRS Custom 24. I hope you enjoy it :metal:

Vrollin

Reaction score
PRS makes my favorite guitars. I like the way the light was coming into the window and decided to take some pictures. I took each picture with my blue fade custom 24 which was a 40th birthday present early this year from my wife. All guitars outside of the blue fade were bought used.

Paul's Guitar in black gold with my Custom 24 blue fade

15820149311_b23bdcbc39_b.jpg

PRS Mark Tremonti sig in charcoal burst

15636856827_ac169ce311_b.jpg

PRS P22 Artist in Aqua Verde Fog

15636618698_7bc5937d6f_b.jpg

PRS Ted McCarty SC245 Soapbar with Thorn staple top p90s

15636617758_9aa472177a_b.jpg

PRS SC58 in Black Gold

15202605223_fc5f34a9cc_b.jpg

What ever it is you do for a crust, I want in.....

')