PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

protest

Reaction score
Thinking about buying some purple heart pickup rings to replace the white ones.

DSCN3289_zpsfea0d9cc.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

protest

Reaction score
I was thinking about ebony, but the only ones I saw that didn't look crappy were way too expensive. There's probably some on ebay or something though. White pickups might look cool, but I don't want to replace the \m/ pickups. They're too beastly.

mbardu

Reaction score
Here are my USA PRSi.

For the longest time, I had trouble finding the 'right' PRS for me. Kept buying selling and never bonding...but always coming back to try due to their reputation, and obviously they're so classy so it's difficult to resist :lol:

But in the last few years a few things just did it for me, and those 3 guitars have those:
*Pattern necks
*57/08 pickups
*V12 finish
*Blendable piezo (except on the SC58 obviously)
Not to mention some newish finishes: Mc Carty burst, Obsidian, and Armando's Amethyst burst.

So I'm a happy camper now :)

y8qGxm0.jpg

Ape Factory

Reaction score
PRS Paul's Dirty 100, a guitar I never should have sold.
PD100Studio07_zps978bd869.jpg

PRS 305, another great guitar but had a wide/fat neck and the shoulders were too big for my liking. I've never found another in powder blue with a rosewood board.
_W6G7334_zps2844107c.jpg

DGT in solana burst. Such an exceptional all-around guitar
DGT2_zps7d559ec9.jpg

And my current #1, an SC-58 Artist package. This guitar just rocks, plays so well and has worked with about every pickup I've put in it from boutique PAF's to Suhr Aldrich pickups.
_HLM6881_zps24934e84.jpg

Kride

Idjit
Reaction score
Cheers! It's a discontinued Åkesson sig
PRS Guitars | SE Fredrik Åkesson

I've modded it quite a bit. Göldo/Switchcraft/Orange drop electronics, Tonerider Generator pickups, TusqXL nut, Schaller 458 bridge, creme pickup rings and headstock refinish to name a few.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Was it one of the ones with the big Opeth logo on it? I thought that was painted into the finish?

Makes me wanna sand back the finish on my 245 headstock and do the same as you have....

Vrollin

Reaction score
I've modded it quite a bit. Göldo/Switchcraft/Orange drop electronics, Tonerider Generator pickups, TusqXL nut, Schaller 458 bridge, creme pickup rings and headstock refinish to name a few.

Curious as to why you went the Schaller bridge over the adjustable tone pros unit?

Kride

Idjit
Reaction score
Previous owner had changed the Tonepros to the more traditional non-adjustable wraparound bridge which didn't work for me because I couln't intonate it correctly. Or as precise as I wanted.

I like Schaller 455 (it's a 455 not a 458, sorry) better because it's a bit easier to change strings... nothing more than that into it. You'll have to file the saddles though to more accurate radius since the neck is 10" and bridge 14" IIRC.

')