PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
This thread needs to be kept alive!
There is no shortage of beautiful PRS

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

absolutorigin

Reaction score
cu22_bgf_2.jpg

Ummmm..... YES PLZ!!! :wub:

Yea that guitar is just amazing. I was looking at that picture in their new artist package gallery. Pretty damn close to private stock if you ask me.

This thread needs to be kept alive!
There is no shortage of beautiful PRS
Since you asked nicely, here are my two :shred:.

7658357616_8181e1a0fa_b.jpg

Vede

Reaction score
Thinking about putting an uncovered Tremonti bridge pickup in this SC58, if I can find one with the new square bobbins.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man, I still can't get over those stop bars. They're just so jagged and angular looking. I'm sure they sound and feel great (Paul is too much of a perfectionist for them not too.), I just think they ruin the aesthetics, and in this arena, it matters. :2c:

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
Man, I still can't get over those stop bars. They're just so jagged and angular looking. I'm sure they sound and feel great (Paul is too much of a perfectionist for them not too.), I just think they ruin the aesthetics, and in this arena, it matters. :2c:

The adjustable stopbars look better IMO

Last edited:

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
They feel better than any TOM bridge I have played on.

heregoesnothing

SS.org nub
Reaction score
i played my friend's CE 24 (the one with the trem) once in a band practice and instantly love it.. surprisingly comfortable to play, fit my hands very well. It is very hard to put that guitar down.. never tried the SE though..

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Found a pretty unique PRS and will be making it mine as soon as I get the funds from a sale today! :D SON I AM EXCITE! :wub:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Found a pretty unique PRS and will be making it mine as soon as I get the funds from a sale today! :D SON I AM EXCITE! :wub:

Awww yeah so just an update, my Axe-II sold over the weekend and my McRosie is pending payment so as soon as I've paid the dealer and the guitar is officially "mine" I'll post up their pics of this baby! :D This thing is absolutely sick, it's been a VERY long time since I've been willing to buy a PRS new but this one is totally worth it IMO! :D I keep refreshing my card to see if the balance has gone down so I can Paypal them the funds, this is like GAS torture! :rofl: :flame:

Soon, the precious will be ours!!! PRECIOUSSSSSSSSS......

Smeagol_5.jpg

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Tried out the Akesson model over this weekend and holy LORD, that man is insane with not only how thick the body is but the neck itself is a baseball bat :eek: I was surprised at how much of a contrast it was to Mikael's, which the last one I played, was really light and had a thin neck to it and felt great. It's also a shame that the quilt is so dark, I could see it up close but as I was walking towards it I thought it might be a Tremonti.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Tried out the Akesson model over this weekend and holy LORD, that man is insane with not only how thick the body is but the neck itself is a baseball bat :eek: I was surprised at how much of a contrast it was to Mikael's, which the last one I played, was really light and had a thin neck to it and felt great. It's also a shame that the quilt is so dark, I could see it up close but as I was walking towards it I thought it might be a Tremonti.
I love those Akesson guitars. So classy looking and sound fucking amazing!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, they do look nice/sound great, although I'm also surprised by the birds material on the dark rosewood board; you could see it but much like the quilt, it's rather surprising how much it blends and leaving you wondering "Why not go an outline in white?"

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Yeah, they do look nice/sound great, although I'm also surprised by the birds material on the dark rosewood board; you could see it but much like the quilt, it's rather surprising how much it blends and leaving you wondering "Why not go an outline in white?"
The bird stuff was Fredicks idea so we went with it. I don't mind it but it definitely grew on me over time and having to play hundreds of them.

')