PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
I really wanted that violet/blue-burst that was on eBay, but no way I could justify it.
$_57.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gram negative

Christopher Horton
Reaction score
Just decided on keeping her. The Starla is my buddy's.

10487598_10204118627143507_5466370229359295035_n.jpg

For those of you wondering about the S2 line, I think they are very much like the difference between a Les Paul Standard, and a Les paul studio. It's stripped down, but not in quality. It feels much better than an SE in my opinion. The pattern regular neck is comfy. Great guitars.

Reaction score
Got this the other day. Absolutely blown away by the quality on the SE line.

OMG what color is this? It looks like the color on the Zack myers I'm just not sure the name. Also does it come in a non FR?

Oh never mind just looked it up myself its the trampas green. I just don't know why it sells for 8-$900 bucks when any other SE sells for 6-7 though..........oh well I still want one

Thorerges

Reaction score
I have to admit, I am a shred guy. My whole life has revolved around Ibanez and then more recently, the Jackson USA stuff. Having tried PRS, in my view, Jackson makes some of the most unbelievably playable guitars on the planet. However looking at what PRS is currently offering on the market, you have to give them credit - they make beautiful guitars that are not just top quality but also some of the nicest looking.

I was perusing through some online catalogs. An average Jackson USA Custom will retail for about $3k. Very similar to a PRS Custom 24 would retail for about the same (more recently the PRS C24 Floyd Rose models retail for more). But to illustrate the difference, look at these two guitars:

SL2HRBT-large.jpg

Compare that to this:

CU24QObTR-large.jpg

By Jacksons standards, thats a 4A top, while I don't doubt the guitar plays fantastically, I just feel that cosmetically, I am getting very little in return for my money. The pRS however, looks amazing, what a top! Its not really a shredder guitar, but kudos to PRS for making some of the nicest looking and high quality guitar on the planet.

Reaction score
Its all preference. That Jackson is beautiful though! What a coincidence that I am currently upgrading my LP to gold hardware and am looking for gold pickup rings just like that! There's some aftermarket ones online but most of them are Chinese and I'd really like some good ones that fit my flat top LP.

Anyways, I love my 2 SE c22 that I currently own

Thorerges

Reaction score
Its all preference. That Jackson is beautiful though! What a coincidence that I am currently upgrading my LP to gold hardware and am looking for gold pickup rings just like that! There's some aftermarket ones online but most of them are Chinese and I'd really like some good ones that fit my flat top LP.

Not really, it's marketing. Ibanez and PRS have done a great job with this, they see the enormous appeal for nicer tops and a broader range of colors. That Jackson is actually one of the nicest ones I could find, most are black or gray or something, no quilted top.

Don't get me wrong, I own a Jackson CS and its beautiful, but looking back, I really do not think it is worth the enormous price tag, I mean the company's aesthetics have hardly changed since the 80's, they still bang on about the soloist - a model which is cool, but needs some serious revamp in my opinion. Ibanez/PRS has on the other hand, changed things up significantly.

Anyways, I don't mean to disrupt the flow of beautiful PRS guitars. I tried some really high end PRS stuff, not my thing - but man, those are some beautiful guitars.

Reaction score
Not really, it's marketing. Ibanez and PRS have done a great job with this, they see the enormous appeal for nicer tops and a broader range of colors. That Jackson is actually one of the nicest ones I could find, most are black or gray or something, no quilted top.

Don't get me wrong, I own a Jackson CS and its beautiful, but looking back, I really do not think it is worth the enormous price tag, I mean the company's aesthetics have hardly changed since the 80's, they still bang on about the soloist - a model which is cool, but needs some serious revamp in my opinion. Ibanez/PRS has on the other hand, changed things up significantly.

Anyways, I don't mean to disrupt the flow of beautiful PRS guitars. I tried some really high end PRS stuff, not my thing - but man, those are some beautiful guitars.

I was referring to preference on looks alone. You think the PRS has nicer tops, someone else would disagree. In most cases I would agree, but that particular red Jackson looks gorgeous

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
By Jacksons standards, thats a 4A top, while I don't doubt the guitar plays fantastically, I just feel that cosmetically, I am getting very little in return for my money. The pRS however, looks amazing, what a top! Its not really a shredder guitar, but kudos to PRS for making some of the nicest looking and high quality guitar on the planet.

And it's a 4A top by my stare-at-guitars-all-day standards. The PRS is more 3A. Maybe you prefer the overall effect of the PRS, but that's the stain doing the work. When you have better wood...

p5_uulbqwdjk_so.jpg

ESPImperium

@ESPImperium
Reaction score
Just ordered my second PRS in a year. Will be with me in the next week to ten days.

Pics when it arrives.

Now i have to do a full guitar clear out to afford my new 7 string and everything else on my budget list for guitar in 2015.

Deniz

Reaction score
Yo,

here is my PRS Custom 24 Fire Red Burst in action, what do you think?

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
... I would not have realized that was an SE without you saying so (yes I know you can sorta see it on the HS)

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
Agreed, that's especially hot for an SE. I settled for solid black cores, yours looks far better...

Shamer5149

Reaction score
I have had this guitar for one year now and it's a monster!

139_zps342aa39d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

[URL=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/evh5149/media/IMG_1717_zpsb6445002.jpg.html]

[IMG][URL=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/evh5149/media/40163239-44dd-4418-bd6c-b05941b2a3d5_zpsc5a143d5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t658/evh5149/40163239-44dd-4418-bd6c-b05941b2a3d5_zpsc5a143d5.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Cool back plate as well...

IMG_2071_zps0f5004c6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

')