PRS Mark Holcomb SE Model!

• Thread starter IbbyAddict
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score
just hope with these having a veneer top the woods would be more consistent and better looking :)

lets see how many features they retain from the original

also love the white binding on the neck, yes!! looks sooooo much better. Wondering if the headstock would have the binding too?. Also wish the headstock would be a ebony veneer, but knowing the SE it would be an awful glossy paint black, binding could help to make it look better, even as a mate black/plastic or whatever they do to the Chapman guitars headstocks could look great.I really hope is not glossy black

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
just hope with these having a veneer top the woods would be more consistent and better looking :)

lets see how many features they retain from the original

also love the white binding on the neck, yes!! looks sooooo much better. Wondering if the headstock would have the binding too?. Also wish the headstock would be a ebony veneer, but knowing the SE it would be an awful glossy paint black, binding could help to make it look better, even as a mate black/plastic or whatever they do to the Chapman guitars headstocks could look great.I really hope is not glossy black

Since the body is gloss on these you can bet the headstocks will be, unfortunately.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
With the white binding, I don't think it's going to look bad at all. My reasoning:

13094161_10102869134318734_6635182611410716324_n.jpg

13151573_10102869134353664_7586702409571359055_n.jpg

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score

They could hardly be worse than the full USA model. I was really dissapointed with the quality of most of the tops on those. I only remember seeing one or two that 'did' it for me, personally.

This SE model should be a no-brainer for PRS though. I see it selling very easily and very well for them.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
This just shot to the front of my gas list and hasn't even been announced yet.

SAME. However, a Waring SE would trump it for me. I'm hoping they consider doing something creative with either Holcomb or Waring regarding the 7 string SE line. I'd love to see a maple board on some form of the SE line as well.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Yea, a Waring would trump it in my eyes as well. Floyd gas has me bent over right now, and I prefer maple on everything.

Rawkmann

Reaction score
Instant purchase from me, hoping to hear an official announcement soon!

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
I own the limited ed. one and I would also buy this one in a heartbeat

A-Branger

Reaction score
well the PRS experience event is on next week so hopefully this guitar would get a reveal in there. If not maybe at summer NAMM in a month time