PRS Mark Holcomb SVN for 2020

• Thread starter Apex1rg7x
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zanmato86

Reaction score
On my Holcomb 6 string, the binding yellowed very quickly. It yellowed in a positive way though, similar to Gibson binding. Made it look even better in my opinion.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
Whats the consensus on the SE quality? I'm not really that familiar with PRS.

Cause that walnut Holcomb might just have my name on it. Only thing I'd want to do with it is put some black locking tuners on it.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Whats the consensus on the SE quality? I'm not really that familiar with PRS.

Cause that walnut Holcomb might just have my name on it. Only thing I'd want to do with it is put some black locking tuners on it.

I haven't played many Indonesian PRS SE's but every Korean SE I've played has been a very solid build.

I don't know if all of them are Indo, but I know some of the Holcomb SVN's are Indo, and from what I've heard they are on-par with the Korean versions.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Good choice on the Walnut finish. Too bad they didn't ditch the tacky gleaming white binding. It throws off the rest of the dark aesthetics, like a business suit with white tube socks.

This, and the pickup rings. I jumped when I read walnut but to be honest it looks incredibly boring.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if this is still going to be released given the recent issues with Mark?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I wonder if this is still going to be released given the recent issues with Mark?

I don't see why not? Even with that happening they probably had the line manufactured and everything. Also Mark never left the band, just taking off to deal with personal issues.

But is there any word whats going on?

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see why not? Even with that happening they probably had the line manufactured and everything. Also Mark never left the band, just taking off to deal with personal issues.

But is there any word whats going on?

Head over to the tail of the Periphery Megathread. Mark has a bit of a potential PR nightmare on his hands...

Reaction score
I truly doubt they will discontinue these over something purely personal. Guy fucked up but its got nothing to do with his music career and it shouldn't.

akinari

Reaction score
I truly doubt they will discontinue these over something purely personal. Guy fucked up but its got nothing to do with his music career and it shouldn't.

Yeah, I don't think PRS is going to cheat one of their most popular artists out of a sig.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
Sweetwater has already sold a few of the Holcomb burst models already from what I’ve seen. Plus they already have the walnut versions in stock.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweetwater has already sold a few of the Holcomb burst models already from what I’ve seen. Plus they already have the walnut versions in stock.

Ah k, answers that question then. Might see if I can try one when they make their way over here.

Latest posts

')