Prs neck question

• Thread starter zhughes17
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zhughes17

Reaction score
What would you compare the prs wide-fat neck profile to because I've been looking at getting a se 245 but I've never played one and there are absolutely no prs's in my area to try out . The only guitars that i would have to compare to are an epiphone sg and a fender blacktop jazzmaster. So it would be cool if it is comparable to either of them. Please help a brother out.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Underworld

Reaction score
Never played the SG or the Jazzmaster, but the wide fat neck is very comfortable. Round, a little on the thick side, but very playable. I am used to play uber-thin Ibby necks (17mm) and EBMM JP necks, and I love the PRS necks.

JDinSC

Reaction score
Wide fat is very comparable to a Small 50's, Big 60's Gibson Neck. It's not as big as the title makes it sound. It fills your hand but isn't ball-bat big in relation to my hands. ACTUALLY, now that I think of it.... It's very close to my 93' Les Paul Standard which has one of those... "Could be a 50, but I think it's a 60's" necks.

I probably didn't help a damn'd bit... :lol:

morethan6

Reaction score
Yeah it's a very specific profile. It's a lot wider (and flatter radius) than a strat, but a little thinner than most LPs. Think wider and thicker LP 60s neck and you're there.

To be honest, I wouldn't buy one unless you can try one - I've never liked them much. But then I prefer Gibson 50s baseball bats anyway :)

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
If you want to head over to DFW the Lewisville GC is pretty close to where you'll hit Denton if you come that route. They have multiple PRS to choose from. It's a bit of a drive but it's doable.

')