PRS (SE) 2024

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Welcome back PRS DC3
The NF3 existed alongside the DC3 back in the day. Just one was using the NF pickups and the other was using the 513 pickups.

Bringing the DC3 back would have been redundant though because of the Silver Sky.

Also it looks like the countoured this one a lot more than the original NF3/DC3. It reminds me of a NF3/EG3 (or EG4) hybrid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

So the routes can fit full-sized humbuckers. So if you're like me and want a weird Superstrat deal, then yeah I'd be all over this lol. It's got that one-up over the Silver Sky which only has S-S-S routing.

I wish it had a 25.5'' scale like the SS. Or at least that 25.25'' of the OG DC3. Just because more numbers good.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

So the routes can fit full-sized humbuckers. So if you're like me and want a weird Superstrat deal, then yeah I'd be all over this lol. It's got that one-up over the Silver Sky which only has S-S-S routing.

I wish it had a 25.5'' scale like the SS. Or at least that 25.25'' of the OG DC3. Just because more numbers good.

I'm with you. Wouldn't mind one for the soul purpose of doing some kind of super strat set up. Just don't know if they're worth 800 bucks.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm with you. Wouldn't mind one for the soul purpose of doing some kind of super strat set up. Just don't know if they're worth 800 bucks.
I wouldn't be surprised if the pickups were the reason why it's so expensive. Seems like they're made to the same exact specs and dimensions to the USA pickups which might affect the cost.

Kinda why I hope they do a standard humbucker one or bring back the DC3... The former is wishful thinking, the latter *definitely* won't happen.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the pickups were the reason why it's so expensive. Seems like they're made to the same exact specs and dimensions to the USA pickups which might affect the cost.

Kinda why I hope they do a standard humbucker one or bring back the DC3... The former is wishful thinking, the latter *definitely* won't happen.
Don't know why I didn't think about the pick ups likely being the reason on the cost. Makes a lot more sense now. I'm with you though, a regular humbucker version would be NICE.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Don't know why I didn't think about the pick ups likely being the reason on the cost. Makes a lot more sense now. I'm with you though, a regular humbucker version would be NICE.

It was an idea so cool that Brad from Linkin Park had PRS make him a bunch of DC3s with a bucker in the bridge

798958223-Linkin_Park_Concert_Joint_Hard_Rock_8bgIrTZvUOSl.jpg

linkin-park-guitarist-brad-delson-sometimes-freely-improvises-riffs-and-noise-to-a-fast-click-track-for-an-hour-and-then-goes-b.jpg

image.jpg

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
')