PRS SE 7 -What kind of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd definitely look into one if it hit stores.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Isn't the Torero supposed to be the platform for a future PRS 7 string?
No. We didnt make the Torero to be an intended platform for a future 7. The Torero was just it's own thing. There haven't been any conversations about using the Torero as a starting point for a 7 string.

pink freud

Reaction score
A single-cut seven would be pretty cool, and certainly unique in face of all the super-strat sevens there already is.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
So long as it still looks like a regular PRS, then yes, certainly! There was some USA custom PRS 7 posted on here a little while ago that looked great, except that the headstock was created by the guy in the custom shop that was tripping on acid.

I_infect

Reaction score
I had a PRS SE custom 22 and really liked it, for being an import I was incredibly impressed by the attention to detail. The thing played like butter and was incredibly resonant. Mainly got rid of it only cause it was a 6, and I had a difficult time staying in tune with the trem and lower tunings.
I'd be highly interested in a PRS SE 24, though I really am not fond of the wraparound tail. That would be a dealbreaker for me. String through or tailpiece TOM, or vintage style trem would be fine; fixed hardtail would be awesome IMO. Keep the market price around $700 or better and it's a sale.

Also, what heel are you using now?

Reaction score
I would love a 7 String SE model. I would love both double and single cut versons, and actually I would by most if they would do a semi hollow SE model.

Enselmis

Reaction score
PRS C24 7 would be the greatest guitar ever made. I'd absolutely buy an SE 7 as soon as I possibly could if PRS were to start making them.

rob_l

Reaction score

This. Just kinda indifferent on this one. If an SE model is made though, they should add a C24-7 to the standard lineup for a reasonable up-charge.

The SEs, for me, are just waaay too pedestrian to warrant a lot excitement...

Not trying to put a golden-shower over anyones parade - Just IMO :lol::realmad::lol:

I_infect

Reaction score
^Totally understand... they're a different feel than the typical superstrat, and different sound as well. It wouldn't be a main player of mine but i could have alot of fun with it, imagining a bluesy, heavy radio rock or something. I don't think it would necessarily be marketed to metal players/shredders as much? IMO.

widdlywhaa

Reaction score
I'd get excited over an arch/carved top C24 se7most definitely... but I don't think that's going to happen.

Reaction score
This. Just kinda indifferent on this one. If an SE model is made though, they should add a C24-7 to the standard lineup for a reasonable up-charge.

The SEs, for me, are just waaay too pedestrian to warrant a lot excitement...

Not trying to put a golden-shower over anyones parade - Just IMO :lol::realmad::lol:

While I would love to own a real PRS, at this point in time I would only be able to swing an SE model.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I love the SEs. For under a grand, they are really well built and great sounding. If PRS did an SE C24-7 then I would get it no question. If they did a USA model I'd kill people until I had sold enough of their organs on the black market to buy one.

Apparently Paul said at NAMM in response to being asked about a PRS 7 'Not this year, but soon'. I should hope so, the new PRS models seem a bit more adventurous and many people have pined in threads like this for a 7, I should imagine it will happen soon.

Isan

Contributor
Reaction score
I am in as long as it doesn't have a TOM and/or has the option of a wilkinson/strat style trem.

A single-cut seven would be pretty cool, and certainly unique in face of all the super-strat sevens there already is.

This

Imagine this in a 7 form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')