PRS SE 7 -What kind of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Not really. Maybe 80, or 800 pages would really stir up genuine interest. There have been dozens of 27" scale Carvin threads, hundreds of EMG housing threads, and thousands of other "they should make this" threads that have spanned as many as hundreds of pages, but it still never happened.

What talks is money. Perhaps if they take a chance on a PRS SE7, and it does extremely well, there will be a chance for more PRS 7s in the future.

I really want this to happen, especially in a SC, but I know this thread isn't going to be what makes it happen. Guys like Riffer within the company are our best hope in seeing this come to life. Though, I'm sure if a popular PRS artist were to switch to 7s, it would be an even bigger push.

We'll see.

Jackson have brought out new instruments at the demand of this site, why not PRS. The more demand that is shown, the better the chance. Sure it might not happen, but theres no harm. :)

Btw, found sme better pics of one of the private stock 7s if anyone wants to look :

PRSPS33_body-front.jpg

PRSPS33_front.jpg

PRSPS33_back.jpg

PRSPS33_case-open.jpg

PRSPS33_inlays.jpg

PRSPS33_headstock-back.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Jackson have brought out new instruments at the demand of this site, why not PRS. The more demand that is shown, the better the chance. Sure it might not happen, but theres no harm. :)

Btw, found sme better pics of one of the private stock 7s if anyone wants to look :

PRSPS33_body-front.jpg

PRSPS33_front.jpg

PRSPS33_back.jpg

PRSPS33_case-open.jpg

PRSPS33_inlays.jpg

PRSPS33_headstock-back.jpg
This. :agreed:

Yeah. The headstock doesn't look that great. Besides that it's flipping awesome!!!!!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

The fact is that a long time forum member who works at Jackson probably played a part in that.

Also, I never said to stop, or that this was stupid (having a thread). I was simply stating that having an 8 page thread doesn't mean that something IS going to happen.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Well Riffer was the one who started the thread so heres hoping =)

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The fact is that a long time forum member who works at Jackson probably played a part in that.

Also, I never said to stop, or that this was stupid (having a thread). I was simply stating that having an 8 page thread doesn't mean that something IS going to happen.

This is true. And nah weren't sayin u were dude sorry. :yesway:

I imagine if one does get put into production, it will look pretty similar to this albeit with less frills.

119068_b.gif

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Well Riffer was the one who started the thread so heres hoping =)
Yeah I am hoping. I cant just walk up to Paul Smith and go "hey look at all these people saying they want a PRS 7 on SS.org" But I can talk to different people and slowly build the idea from the bottom. And since it is only March, that will give some time to kick the idea around and see what happens before NAMM. Companies start working on NAMM things way before the show, like in Spring time.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
That first SE-7 singlecut mockup would make me take out my mastercard right now. The spacing between the buckers on the doublecout could be wider, I realize it's a mockup :p.

I would love to see these come to life. As it stands, I'm a bit too close for comfort to forking out for my 3rd agile...

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be interested, if it was in fact a PRS with an extra string, and not a metal'd up black guitar with EMG's and just a PRS logo. I own a Custom 22 and THAT is what I'd want in a 7-string, not yet another metal guitar. The idea that the Torero should be a starting point for a 7-string couldn't be any less interesting to me.

AK DRAGON

Guitar Popcicle
Reaction score
:lol:

I'd love to see a 7 string PRS, no doubt. It might make me switch from Agile! :eek:

OMG!! Will we see the end of the world When Rick SELLS his Agiles for a PRS?

PRSPS33_front.jpg

I love the look, though the headstock is hideous

I, like most of you, would love to see a PRS CE24, SE, SE Singlecut. Although we all have different requirements or specs. Some want 25.5" scale others want 27" scale. I agree on no EMG 7's and would agree on PRS/passive routes. Some want hardtails others want a floyd. I think this is why PRS isn't willing to go the 7string route and have left it up to their Private Stock. That being said I ABHOR the Private Stock pricing. I refuse to pay the $10K+ price tag just for a semi custom guitar. Is this PRS's way of curbing orders flooding in to them?

moyersshred

Reaction score
i would be interested only if it had 24 frets and it was hardtail or floyd

i totally agree.
i'm not really a fan of prs,
but i could become one rather quickly,
given a guitar like you described.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
i totally agree.
i'm not really a fan of prs,
but i could become one rather quickly,
given a guitar like you described.

Ugh... there are already dozens of such guitars, why would anyone need more of that? :shrug: Pretty much every Schecter, Ibanez, Agile, ESP/LTD, Jackson, B.C. Rich, Caparison, etc. etc. etc. fills those criteria, why not just buy one of those?

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Ugh... there are already dozens of such guitars, why would anyone need more of that? :shrug: Pretty much every Schecter, Ibanez, Agile, ESP/LTD, Jackson, B.C. Rich, Caparison, etc. etc. etc. fills those criteria, why not just buy one of those?

+1 the PRS SE 7 would need to stand out from the rest of the market

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

:agreed:

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
PRS sell shitloads of guitars based around the same concept (Custom/McCarty), so why would they have to redesign their whole concept just to put an extra string on it? I figure it'd make sense for them to start by making a guitar they already know is good and appreciated and making a 7 out of that one, instead of making a big deal out of it. It's just another string, I'm sure a lot of us 7-string players would absolutely LOVE a 7 that's not made for br00tal metal for once.

Besides, as a PRS owner myself, I think a stock Custom 22 does a pretty damn good job for metal/shred as it is.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
PRS sell shitloads of guitars based around the same concept (Custom/McCarty), so why would they have to redesign their whole concept just to put an extra string on it? I figure it'd make sense for them to start by making a guitar they already know is good and appreciated and making a 7 out of that one, instead of making a big deal out of it. It's just another string, I'm sure a lot of us 7-string players would absolutely LOVE a 7 that's not made for br00tal metal.

:agreed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')