PRS SE 7 -What kind of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
You can adjust the intonation on a wraparound. Allparts even has a 7-string one that has individually adjustable saddles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I don't think any of these specs are realistic, in terms of what PRS would do, should do and what would sell to the wide market.

Here is my honest opinion of what PRS should make, not my own preferences, but the most realistic as I said :

Body shape : Doublecut
Top wood : Maple top w/ quilt maple veneer
Body wood : Mahogany
Frets : 24
Scale : 25" or 25.5" (any longer is unlikely for a company new to the 7 string market)
Neck wood : Mahogany
Fretboard wood : Rosewood
Neck shape : Wide thin
Inlays : Moons
Bridge : PRS Designed 7 String Tremolo
Tuners : PRS Designed Tuners
Controls : Volume, tone and 3-way toggle

Thats basically a mix of specs from the SE Custom 24 and Singlecut.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...263#!/photo.php?pid=120257&id=100000652312049

Malacoda

Fogdiver
Reaction score
I don't think any of these specs are realistic, in terms of what PRS would do, should do and what would sell to the wide market.

Here is my honest opinion of what PRS should make, not my own preferences, but the most realistic as I said :

Scale : 25" or 25.5" (any longer is unlikely for a company new to the 7 string market)

Pretty much what I would do except I wood replace the moon inlays with bird ones (entirely asthetic) and I would probably go with an ebony fretboard.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Pretty much what I would do except I wood replace the moon inlays with bird ones (entirely asthetic) and I would probably go with an ebony fretboard.

The bird ones are nice, I'm just thinking the moon inlays are a bit simpler and some people may not like the bird inlays.

And ebony would be good, but it would bump the price up and PRS tend to use rosewood a lot, its sorta their thing. I prefer rosewood myself, ebony is kinda boring looking.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...263#!/photo.php?pid=120257&id=100000652312049

A big +1 on that. People asking for extended scales and such are just being unrealistic. It would be as easy as pick a regular PRS SE and adding a string, plain and simple.

paulreedsmithcm2525than.jpg

Add a burst and one string and I'm we're set. Most people love the bird inlays, moon ones just look like more elaborated regular dots to me.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I forgot the finish, I think black stain or tobacco sunburst would be best.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hell, when the SE line came out there was a big uproar on how it was going to ruin the whole company on that site.

BAsed on my limited anecdotal evidence, they're crazy.

Three months ago, I had zero interest in ever owning as PRS.

Then, I picked up and impulse-bought a SE.

Now, I can't swing it but one day I'd love to grab the "real" thing. It's a pretty solid gateway drug guitar, especially for guys like me who don't normally go for the typical PRS specs, but don't mind spending $5-600 on a fun "niche" guitar.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
I agree with starting a poll. If one of the Mods could do it that would help out. I would want it to mainly focus on the most debated things

- Scale Length (25, 25.5, or larger)
- Bridge (PRS Wraparound, PRS Trem, Hardtail)
- Neck Wood (Maple, Mahogony)
- Neck/Body construction (Set neck, Neck thru)
- Fretboard (Rosewood, Ebony)
- Wood choice for top (Flame, Quilt)

Those topics in a poll form would make things easier.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't add the poll to this thread, but I can start a new one for ya:yesway: Should I put a cut-off date on it or leave it open?

EDIT: the poll's up here. Gonna close this one to keep things organised. Get a-votin':metal:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')