PRS SE 7 -What kind of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I know there's been much discussion already about the bridge, but how would you guys feel about a 7-string version of the bridge on the Mushok model?

prswithmushokse.gif

I think it works well with the PRS design. TOM's look to bulky for a PRS IMO, but I want something with individual intonation adjustments.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
No one makes a production 7 string with these specs and I will only buy guitars that have these specs from now on.

Mahogany body + thick maple top.
Mahogany neck
Rosewood fretboard.

PRS already make guitars with this wood combination so if they started making 7 string guitars with this combo I might just become a PRS fan. Some other things that are important to me are low profile bridges, I don't like TOM's and I also prefer a flat top with an arm rest for comfort over an archtop however the mild archtop on Drew's singlecut SE actually looks comfortable so a top like that would also be fine.

I think PRS double cut shapes look great but I'd be just as happy if it was a single cut, the most important things to me are materials, low profile bridge and comfort.

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
No one makes a production 7 string with these specs and I will only buy guitars that have these specs from now on.

Mahogany body + thick maple top.
Mahogany neck
Rosewood fretboard.

QFT minus rosewood. I'd be ok with ebony as I prefer the feel and bit more of attack it gives. Then again, I've always preferred the LPC and white studios to the standard/other studios just for that ebony board.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
I wont direct this at anyone in particular, in an effort to be cool about it, but sometimes humility is THE true measure of the successful individual.

That said, I am jonesing for singlecut 7's, white guitars, shit with graphics, and I'm having a really stronger-than-normal 1987-1991 fixation lately.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know, the guy he was directing the statement at was Rob, who might be an even bigger gear whore. I wouldn't be surprised if Rob's gear collection was worth more than the rest of ss.org combined. :lol:

You don't know Lee ;)

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I've tried to stay out of this one but two statements have sucked me in

I wont direct this at anyone in particular, in an effort to be cool about it, but sometimes humility is THE true measure of the successful individual.

Who's humble? I know you can't be talking about Matt or Rob :lol:

The SEs, for me, are just waaay too pedestrian to warrant a lot excitement...

I know Matt has already called you out on this but this statement just cracks me up when I consider the excitement in the RGD thread because there is nothing pedestrian about another Ibanez guitar with a basswood body, rosewood fretboard and regular dot inlays...... wait what? :lol:

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
I know there's been much discussion already about the bridge, but how would you guys feel about a 7-string version of the bridge on the Mushok model?

I think it works well with the PRS design. TOM's look to bulky for a PRS IMO, but I want something with individual intonation adjustments.

:agreed:
this is the best for all here...

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I know Matt has already called you out on this but this statement just cracks me up when I consider the excitement in the RGD thread because there is nothing pedestrian about another Ibanez guitar with a basswood body, rosewood fretboard and regular dot inlays...... wait what? :lol:

He might be saying they just feel pedestrian to him. Whether they are specs wise is irrelevant, some companies make some very good mass production guitars, other make shitter (pedestrian ones). At the end of the day they just don't feel like they warrant the excitement for him, I personally feel that way about Schecters. Howeverm I'll gladly play a non-Prestige Ibanez. I'd still feel the same if I could afford the gear Rob can.

I'm pro-SE btw, just playing Devil's Advocate.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
When the biggest gear whore I know :)wub:) calls you out for cork-sniffing, you KNOW you're losing your grip. :lol:

Hey Matt. :D

Wait Drew, don't you know Lee? :lol: :wub: Yeah all I'm saying is I have owned probably a half-dozen PRS SE models and even though they are less expensive, some of them have been pretty awesome guitars (and I'm not even adding the "for the price" tag line to that statment). I had a singlecut SE that I loaded with tonepros studs, and adjustable tailpiece, sperzel tuners and some new pickups and the thing was a beast. I held onto the guitar for about 2 years, which says a lot. ;) :rofl: I'd be open to seeing an SE 7 come out with normal PRS specs (mahogany + maple, rosewood board would be fine) and if it came with birds like the 25th anniversary models did I'd buy one. :agreed: The recent run of 25th SEs had some pretty nice looking veneers and since it IS real maple underneath the thin veneers, I think they would sound great in a 7. :yesway:

avenger

Reaction score
Can't we get Rondo to make us a run of their CE24 in 7 string format? I would be down for that if it was speced properly. (IE Not 30 inch scale).

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
lol seems kinda obsurd to have an extended range prs. just sayin.:scream:

I 100% disagree. What's wrong with a longer scale PRS?

Can't we get Rondo to make us a run of their CE24 in 7 string format? I would be down for that if it was speced properly. (IE Not 30 inch scale).

PRS already made Rondo stop with the PS series, I don't think trying something else would be a great idea.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
A guy from PRS comes on and asks us what interest we have in them making a 7-string SE, and you propose getting Rondo to make a 7-string PRS ripoff?

Classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')