PRS SE Custom 24 7 String

• Thread starter themike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite PRS SE CU 7 Color?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex_IBZ

Reaction score
ITS NOT FAIR. Why does the EU get the special SE7's while us here in the U.S. get shafted on it.

Bummer, huh? That one time us Europeans have the edge :cool:

IMG_0953_zps3c756e7f.jpg

Fitted mine with a BKP Aftermath in the bridge now, lovin' it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
Does anyone know how hard it is to swap the pickups for the Pegasus/Sentient combo while still using the coil splitters? I don't know why, but it seems like it'd be difficult.

Damn you insomnia, for muddling my thinking

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
It's just a regular pickup change. You just have to figure out the equivalence in color codes for both wirings and solder accordingly. If I remember correctly, PRS splits one pup to the screw coil and the other to the slug, so the middle position (both coils parallel) is hum-cancelling.

Alex_IBZ

Reaction score
While on the subject, here a heads up: covered BKP won't fit right away. The route and rings are too tight, so a little work has to be done. Nothing major, but it's an unexpected hassle.

weirdoku

Reaction score
Bummer, huh? That one time us Europeans have the edge :cool:

IMG_0953_zps3c756e7f.jpg

Fitted mine with a BKP Aftermath in the bridge now, lovin' it!

Thinking about changing my pickups. Something BKP or Nazgul/Sentient.

What string gauge you got on yours? Mines tuned to standard but the strings feels so floppy.

weirdoku

Reaction score
Thinking about changing my pickups. Something BKP or Nazgul/Sentient.

What string gauge you got on yours? Mines tuned to standard but the strings feels so floppy.

Scratch that. Mine is being sent back for a refund. I had a proper look over the guitar again and noticed that multiple frets are flat on the treble side of the neck. Been exchanging multiple emails with shop and the guy is trying to say that flat frets are okay on a guitar that should have round, crowned frets. I could get it crowned but theres definitely not enough material for a recrown. Plus I ain't paying for it. They would have to look at it first but I didn't want the trouble of sending it back and forth. Got him to check the other SE 24 7s in stock and even he said they have the same issue so no point getting an exchange. Time to look for another 7 I guess. Really liked that spalt maple top as well.:(

JejeLaFrite

Reaction score
Hi there,

I also bought one of theses beauty. It wasn't planned, but once I tried it, it was love at first sight !

The overall look, the super playable neck, the interresting non-high output mic and the numerous pickups combinations convinced me :agreed:

However, with hindsight, I think they should have carved more the body, because it looks a bit flat, and the boday shape isn't super ergonomic while playing seated, it block my right arms ( I'm addicted to my JP7 right arm special cutaway :) ).

Anyway, besides of that, I really like that guitar !

A small video to it live in action: Cm Rock guitar solo - YouTube

:shred:

Cheers,

JejeLaFrite

Reaction score
Wow, love the PRS SE 245. Which finishing is that ?
It's close to tobacco sunburst, but not exactly that :\

JejeLaFrite

Reaction score
Interresting. The tobacco sunburst seems shiny on website picture and your seems matt, which I do prefer. Maybe a light difference :scratch:

Anyway, cool guitar !

According to the GC I bought it from, it is Tobacco Sunburst (I'm colorblind so I can't truly confirm that :))

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
Has anyone found a cheaper alternative to the Sperzel Locking Tuners? Seems a bit steep to me :shrug:

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
^^ +1

Just got some delivered, they look good and feel very sturdy. I still have to install them though. But it's really hard to beat that price.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations on some Black Tusq nuts?? Where would you even get them?? People who have modified their SE-7 tell me what you think!

Black tusq goes on everything of mine, check the website and figure out which one you need against the measurements and order the part number on ebay, plenty on there and cheap...

Reaction score
Black tusq goes on everything of mine, check the website and figure out which one you need against the measurements and order the part number on ebay, plenty on there and cheap...

Which one would work on their website? I did some measurements and the length is coming up to 1.89 inches on the calipers... nothing on here matches it. The Carvin one is the closest match. Black TUSQ XL Guitar Nuts

ah_graylensman

Reaction score
Here's my 2nd one:

uc

Amethyst finish, Grover 406G tuners, Q-Parts Ringo knobs, Schaller strap locks, Bare Knuckles Emerald-7 pickups, and a 5-way super switch. Tuned to drop-A. (Still looking for a gold drop-in replacement bridge.)

')