PRS SE Custom 24 7 String

• Thread starter themike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite PRS SE CU 7 Color?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
Sorry to necrobump, but which ones did you guys go with? The sets on ebay are confusing :(

I just wrote them thru eBay and asked. They told me to order any 7 string set and put as Additional Information that I wanted a 4L + 3R set. Just shoot them an email with any question you might have. They were pretty helpful and fast to answer.

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
I just wrote them thru eBay and asked. They told me to order any 7 string set and put as Additional Information that I wanted a 4L + 3R set. Just shoot them an email with any question you might have. They were pretty helpful and fast to answer.

Thank you so much for your help man! Have you installed yours yet? Did you need to do any modifications to the headstock or anything?

I_CUM_BLOOD

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my PRS SE 7, my first seven.

VKrV9Qw.jpg

hcJxC9i.jpg

The neck is thinner than my esp eclipse. Still need to get used to the width.

Demean

Reaction score
Here's one I received a couple of weeks back now. I bought it with the intention of making changes - not that there was anything wrong with it.

I was expecting to need to change the bridge, but this one feels surprisingly sturdy!

I don't think pictures do this thing any justice, so I've tried to represent it as best as I can, but I can't seem to get the colour right!

1vACydl.jpg

I've only put some new pickups in there for now (DiMarzio Illuminators), but I'll also be replacing the nut with a TUSQ one, and maybe changing the tuners, or at least the tuner buttons to bone or rosewood.

brownsounds

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on an SE Custom 24 7-string with the amethyst finish! Samash had them listed for $400 so I couldn't resist. I've never really modded or customized my guitars before and I really want to with this one. What changes can I make to the guitar to make it more like a USA PRS? I do know that I want to eventually replace the pickups to maybe all white BPKs. Also thinking of changing the tuners to locking tuners and getting some dark wood tuning buttons. The only thing I'm not really a fan of is that the headstock and back of the neck are black. Anyone have any advice on sanding that down to the wood finish? I want to reseal it after that but I think natural wood would look a lot better than black. Any other mod ideas would be appreciated! I'll post pictures once it arrives on Tuesday!

androponic

Reaction score
@brownsounds, thanks for mentioning the sweet price at samash. I just ordered the Amethyst one myself. I got a Sapphire blue custom 24 six string from sweetwater earlier this week for 398.00 and now the custom 24 seven string for only a dollar more. These prices are a freaking steal. The sweetwater sale is gone now but SamAsh still has the sevens for 398 in two colors. limited quantities so anyone else who is interested better hurry up. Im sure they wont last much longer.

weirdoku

Reaction score
That price is nuts. In UK I paid over $1K equivalent for the spalted maple version. Sent the thing back though haha.

brownsounds

Reaction score
@brownsounds, thanks for mentioning the sweet price at samash. I just ordered the Amethyst one myself. I got a Sapphire blue custom 24 six string from sweetwater earlier this week for 398.00 and now the custom 24 seven string for only a dollar more. These prices are a freaking steal. The sweetwater sale is gone now but SamAsh still has the sevens for 398 in two colors. limited quantities so anyone else who is interested better hurry up. Im sure they wont last much longer.

No problem bud! Way too good of a price. :hbang:

shinksma

Reaction score
My first post on this forum, although some users may recognize me from elsewhere...

I had been lusting after a PRS 7-string in Amethyst, and my girlfriend had made it quite clear that I was on guitar-stuff-quarantine until after Christmas, because who knows what Santa will bring?

As it turns out, Santa got a chance to pick up my desired guitar from Sam Ash for that great deal, and I found it under the tree on Christmas Day. Yay for me!

A pic or two:

IMG_3769LR_1024_zps17c28b18.jpg

A nice shot showing off the natural binding:

IMG_3784LR_1024_zps33e22380.jpg

Anyway, I have ordered a set of D'Addario EXL140-8s to slap on (discarding the 8th string - well, saving it for my baritone, I suppose), because the top/thick B-string is flabbier than I would like, especially if I tune to drop-A. I usually play hybrid 10s (light tops, heavy bottoms) on my electrics, so the stock strings aren't my cuppa tea.

I'll keep it stock for now, but the idea of swapping out pups for something like a Nazgul/Sentient combo sounds really interesting...

I've been lurking sevenstring.org for a while, but now I have a reason to post, I suppose. Dunno if I'll have anything actually useful to add...

Brody

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm sure that this question has been addressed before but I was not able to find it. How do these SEs handle very low tunings? I'm talking like drop F# or Drop G#. Anyone?

gujukal

Reaction score
Here's my PRS SE Custom 7 i got yesterday!

Hasn't been able to play much with it but i really really like it so far, i think i was lucky with the top, it looks better than the photos from the web store i bought it from :O

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Here's my PRS SE Custom 7 i got yesterday!

Hasn't been able to play much with it but i really really like it so far, i think i was lucky with the top, it looks better than the photos from the web store i bought it from :O

Congrats!
I have the same guitar and think it's a great player, and is super comfortable to play.

juka

Reaction score
It's really a pity that this model is phased out :wallbash:
Let's hope they are just making space for a S2 7string, but nothing been announced yet :noplease:

gujukal

Reaction score
Congrats!
I have the same guitar and think it's a great player, and is super comfortable to play.

Indeed it is, the radius is only 10" but tbh, i almost prefer it over 20" radius. I guess higher radius makes bends easier but 10" is fine bending on.

')