PRS SE Custom 24 7 String

• Thread starter themike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite PRS SE CU 7 Color?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
You fellers that want a Holcomb 7 need to take it to PRS. I've emailed em a few times about it. Make them aware of the demand.

juka

Reaction score
The 7-string SE is still listed on the PRS 2017 line webpage.

Yes, it's still on their homepage, but not updated as the other SEs.
And all the big PRS dealers around the world either have them listed as "out of stock" or heavily discounted with commentaries like "while stocks last".

celticelk

Reaction score
And all the big PRS dealers around the world either have them listed as "out of stock" or heavily discounted with commentaries like "while stocks last".

As far as "not updated" goes, PRS says on their blog post launching the '17 models that they've updated the logo for "nearly all" of the guitars in the line, which necessarily means that some continuing models are not getting the updated logo. No idea about the dealer stock issue.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
As far as "not updated" goes, PRS says on their blog post launching the '17 models that they've updated the logo for "nearly all" of the guitars in the line, which necessarily means that some continuing models are not getting the updated logo. No idea about the dealer stock issue.

My guess is that PRS is not making any more of the SE 7's but is keeping them up on their page to encourage the sale of the SE 7's that have already been made. They seem to have focused their attention on their 277's for those interested in extended range for 2017. I'm sure they'll introduce some 7's again in the future in the SE line or maybe even try their hand at a USA version.

I think the big issue they have to figure out is scale length. Personally, I love my SE7's 25" scale, but this seems to be a negative to most 7 string players who are today obsessed with longer scale lengths. I think PRS's best bet for selling a 7-string would be to make a Holcomb SE 7. It seems that the Holcomb SE is flying off shelves. I'm certain a 7-string Holcomb SE would be almost equally as successful and would be PRS's best investment in the near future.

zeropoint

Reaction score
I think PRS's best bet for selling a 7-string would be to make a Holcomb SE 7. It seems that the Holcomb SE is flying off shelves. I'm certain a 7-string Holcomb SE would be almost equally as successful and would be PRS's best investment in the near future.

Or a 7-string Holcomb USA.

I'd buy either. 100%. The 6 is killer even as an SE.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

For those wondering about the SE-7, go to 3:03.

TL;DR: Discontinued "for 2017". He isn't sure, but he makes it sound like they're hinting something for 2018.

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
For those wondering about the SE-7, go to 3:03.

TL;DR: Discontinued "for 2017". He isn't sure, but he makes it sound like they're hinting something for 2018.

Damn I wish I'd grabbed one while I still could. I had a few things higher up the GAS list which needed purchasing first.

I think I'll wait it out now and see if we get anything 2018.

js75

Reaction score
Thought about getting rid of mine but it is to much fun to play.A 27 inch scale would be killer.
:hbang:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I love the SE-7. I own 2, and don't plan on getting rid of them. A really comfortable guitar. I also only play them in standard, so I can understand someone's want for a longer scale.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I just realized I never posted in this thread when I got my SE-7 earlier this year...and now that I hear they are discontinued for now, I am sure glad I picked one up when I did!! I love mine, and it plays and sounds phenomenal! If anyone who is so inclined finds one on the used market for a good price, I highly recommend picking it up.

DSCF01061_zpsshkffcxz.jpg

Marchpip

What?
Reaction score
I think PRS's best bet for selling a 7-string would be to make a Holcomb SE 7.

or a Mike Mushok SE7. But that won't happen until he's going to release new stuff with Staind. I would buy a 7 string version of his silverburst baritone 6 in a minute.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
or a Mike Mushok SE7. But that won't happen until he's going to release new stuff with Staind. I would buy a 7 string version of his silverburst baritone 6 in a minute.

That makes two of us on that one! That silverburst baritone is about perfect for me, I'd like to pick one up used someday when I have the funds. I got to see Mike's custom bari 7's up close and personal when I saw Saint Asonia a couple months back, and those are sure some drool-worthy guitars...but yeah, unfortunately, you need the selling power of a group like Staind to sell a signature model, and unfortunately, Saint Asonia doesn't quite have that power yet.

Anectine_Matt

Reaction score
Couple of pics of mine you guys might like. The sunburst has a set of chrome BK Aftermaths, and the amethyst has chrome Painkillers.

99a9feeee9.jpg

99aa254b7e.jpg

angl2k

Reaction score
Couple of pics of mine you guys might like. The sunburst has a set of chrome BK Aftermaths, and the amethyst has chrome Painkillers.

Great pair of guitars :)

How do you like the BKP's? Looking to put some in my SE7 but not sure which to take.

Also, did the covered pickups fit in the cavity without extra routing? I measured mine and it seemed a little cramped in there.

gujukal

Reaction score
I just realized I never posted in this thread when I got my SE-7 earlier this year...and now that I hear they are discontinued for now, I am sure glad I picked one up when I did!! I love mine, and it plays and sounds phenomenal! If anyone who is so inclined finds one on the used market for a good price, I highly recommend picking it up.

DSCF01061_zpsshkffcxz.jpg

REALLY want one in purple, too bad they are hard to get by :S

Vrollin

Reaction score

Where are you hearing that staind are even potentially a thing any more? Last I was following was none of the members had any interest in getting together to put anything together... I love staind, so I hope there is something in the works I've missed!

Latest posts

')