PRS SE Custom 24 7 String

• Thread starter themike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite PRS SE CU 7 Color?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Thats also being played through an SE amp - its not even coming through a Maryland made model :eek:

WOW.

and that video made me realize I like the red one ALOT more than the blue one which was a surprise to me :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

Excellent video! You can kinda see what I was saying in the review about the pickups, definitely above average although the other strings seem to really shine and the low B is still not uber tight by comparison (and from playing it in the room, it definitely seems more the pickup and not the scale or string gauge affecting the tone). Plenty usable for sure though, that was a cool video! Love the walking bass line portion too, does that guy work at PRS?

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Excellent video! You can kinda see what I was saying in the review about the pickups, definitely above average although the other strings seem to really shine and the low B is still not uber tight by comparison (and from playing it in the room, it definitely seems more the pickup and not the scale or string gauge affecting the tone). Plenty usable for sure though, that was a cool video! Love the walking bass line portion too, does that guy work at PRS?

btw just read your review of the SE-7. quick clarifacation, the SE-7 is not the first production 25" seven string. the ARZ307 is 25" and came out earlier :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
btw just read your review of the SE-7. quick clarifacation, the SE-7 is not the first production 25" seven string. the ARZ307 is 25" and came out earlier :lol:

Ah is that one 25"? I thought that was 25.5", I didn't realize it was 25" as well! My bad! :lol:

That being said, the SE-7 is the first 25" production 7 I actually wanted to buy... :D

hansomatic

PRS Freak
Reaction score
I CAN'T WAIT!!! :hbang:

This will be my 1st 7-string so I thought I'd stroll on down to the triple-7 and see if I can learn a few things before it gets here.

And a quick "Howdy" to my little bro-hammer, 3-Mike. :wavey:

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Went in to a Long & McQuade yesterday, had one of the guys look up the SE7. It's listed in the system at $749, with no date of availability listed. But even still, very good news. Since the Iceman 7 isn't being made available to Canada, it looks like PRS gets my monies.

protest

Reaction score
Is the estimated US release really in July? That seems so far off.

I had asked about it a couple months back at a guitar center. I left my name and number, and the guy called me back not that long ago saying they were scheduled to be in their warehouses on July 5th. It might be different for other stores though.

SavM

Reaction score
Hmmm looks like it'll cost £675 over here in the U.K which is $1051.92. Damn might have to wait a while for 2nd hand to pop up

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
It'd be cheaper for you to buy it off of a US website and have it shipped to you than buy it locally? Fucked up shit, man.

SavM

Reaction score
It'd be cheaper for you to buy it off of a US website and have it shipped to you than buy it locally? Fucked up shit, man.

Hahaha! I know. There's probably some justification out there but damn that's still a lot of money to part with. Usually ESP 7 strings pop up used for about £900 on the bay.

peagull

Urwało mi dupę
Reaction score

Not strictly true. Most stores will charge you $100-$150 for shipping, then you'd get charged 20% tax and 3.7% import duty, then a handling fee of about £10-£30.

So that's $850 for the guitar and shipping. Add your 23.7% on that and it's $1050. Which is £675, not really cheaper at all.

Just the way it works with US guitars over here.

SavM

Reaction score
Yes it does sting, but to be fair I own a custom 22 that I will never part with! hopefully I can add a seven one day.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Hmmm looks like it'll cost £675 over here in the U.K which is $1051.92. Damn might have to wait a while for 2nd hand to pop up

That's the going rate isn't it, that's what I was expecting absolutely.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
$749 (CAN), very few on order by L&M's head office overall, but one of which is coming to me, apparently by the end of March.

Cue erection.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score

that sounds quite cheap to me, I was expecting closer to the £1k mark. Just had that figure in my head when it was annouced. Not that I even have £500 to put towards it yet but I'll find a way!

JLP2005

Chief Knuckledragger
Reaction score
that sounds quite cheap to me, I was expecting closer to the £1k mark. Just had that figure in my head when it was annouced. Not that I even have £500 to put towards it yet but I'll find a way!

Well, luckily for you, everyone loves handjobs!

Wanna be friends?

')