PRS SE Custom 24 7 String

• Thread starter themike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite PRS SE CU 7 Color?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gujukal

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

js75

Reaction score
Hipshot tuners now installed and what a difference. Not only in the weight (i like the heavier headstock), but everything just FEELS more stable.
do the hipshot tuners drop in or is there drilling required.

anthonylbest

Guitarist, Youtuber, Collector
Reaction score
Here are my final (for now) mods on my CU-24-7

Hipshot Tuners
Mohagany Tuner Buttons
Core PRS Knobs

IMG_0165_zpsutuizemk.jpg

IMG_0164_zpso7tbn1t5.jpg

IMG_0163_zpsawkotadd.jpg

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Here are my final (for now) mods on my CU-24-7

Hipshot Tuners
Mohagany Tuner Buttons
Core PRS Knobs

what model hipshots are those and where did you get your core PRS knobs? I want to put some on my se245 but there's noway i'm paying PRS prices for knobs :lol:

anthonylbest

Reaction score
what model hipshots are those and where did you get your core PRS knobs? I want to put some on my se245 but there's noway i'm paying PRS prices for knobs :lol:

I ordered them from Amazon, but did pay the PRS price for the Knobs.

Tuners are Hipshot GridLock 4x3 with open back. Got them from Reverb.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Not an SE model (I assume). But does anyone have any good pictures of this (what I assume to be private stock) PRS 7 String used by Troy McLawhorn, currently in Evanescence? It looks red but its hard to tell from the lighting.

troy-mclawhorn-of-evanescence-performs-on-stage-at-fillmore-miami-on-picture-id623142812

evanescence-perform-on-stage-at-fillmore-miami-beach-on-november-13-picture-id623142714

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Hot damn, that guitar made my jaw hit the floor! Also, I really dig Troy's work in his old band Dark New Day...kinda funny that Evanescence now has their guitarist and drummer playing for them. :lol:

ESPImperium

@ESPImperium
Reaction score
Saw Alter Bridge last night and Mark Tremonti uses a SE Custom 7 on the new 7 string songs like Show Me A Leader, however it looks like its been into PRS for some work, it clearly has some pickup and electrical work done on it, he uses the stock hardware by the looks of things.

Thats a good thing to know. Sadly when i was buying my 7 i went the Ibanez route as it was a better spec for the same money.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
^ kinda weird because he has at least one US 7-string (a single cut). What finish was his SE7?

ESPImperium

@ESPImperium
Reaction score
^ kinda weird because he has at least one US 7-string (a single cut). What finish was his SE7?

He has only one at the moment, and its the proto as far as I know. He is awaiting 2 production models coming out (S2 Tremonti 7s???/Starting a rumour) and I'm guessing he will put one into each of his rigs.

It was in the standard black finish.

Must say I am pleased to see him using one, as the SE (Korean) range is a brilliant range of instruments, I loved my Tremonti SE when I had it until I could afford my Core Tremonti Model and love my Mushok SE.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
^ cool. I really like the SE7. Well-made guitar that looks cool and plays great. What's not to like.

anthonylbest

Reaction score
Has anyone done a hipshot bridge replacement on theirs?

I specifically need to know if its just and extra screw, or is it a fill old holes and do a re drill?

Also I am tuning to drop a with a 64 gauge string. What gauge is anyone using with a drop tuning. I just had the nut reset (it was lifting off the neck) and filed out to fit the 64. I am wondering if i need to go up to a 70+

Its only step down.

anthonylbest

Reaction score
Also... at this point if its NOT an SE... it IS private stock.

They are all custom orders... which pretty much makes it private stock. Or at least a made for artist custom.

gujukal

Reaction score
Has anyone done a hipshot bridge replacement on theirs?

I specifically need to know if its just and extra screw, or is it a fill old holes and do a re drill?

Also I am tuning to drop a with a 64 gauge string. What gauge is anyone using with a drop tuning. I just had the nut reset (it was lifting off the neck) and filed out to fit the 64. I am wondering if i need to go up to a 70+

Its only step down.

I use a 68 for G#, holds tune well and intonates well too. Had to screw the saddle almost all the way back though to get it intonated ^^

')