PRS SE Pr0n

Guitar Asylum

Reaction score
Hey guys,

We just took in a bunch of PRS guitars at the end of last week. The USAs are insane of course, and I'll post pics if you want, but the looks of the SEs that came in really caught us off guard.

PRS 25th Anniversary SE Custom 24 Scarlet Red - $664:

The quilt is a veneer, but they do have maple tops on mahogany bodies underneath. This one has some pretty monstrous tone, too.

PRS Custom Semi-Hollow Tobacco Sunburst - $664:

PRS SE Torero Gray Black - $995:

I know there's been some interest on these here board about the Toreros... They're pretty much everything they're cracked up to be. Mahogany body, maple neck through, ebony board, EMGs, OFR. I personally think the flat top with the deeper lower cut looks really badass when you see it head-on - definitely a good new look for PRS.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
that torero would be badass if it had an extra string on it

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Holy crap, those all look spectacular!

And old-style birds on the SE Custom? That rocks!

Guitar Asylum

Reaction score
Damn...that Toreo looks amazing. How does it play?

Plays great. It's got the PRS Wide Thin neck shape which is very comfortable shape - think a little rounder and not as wide as a Soloist. The heel is perfect and access to the 24th fret is very easy.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Holy crap, those all look spectacular!

And old-style birds on the SE Custom? That rocks!
Yes it is a great guitar appearance and playability. I played one about a week ago best cheap PRS I've ever played besides the Mark Tremonti.:yesway:
Toreo looks great!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Holy fucking shitballs, the tops on those are amazing for the price. Not sold on the contour on the lower horn, but that Torero is the first PRS I've actually GAS'ed for.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
The quilt on that top PRS is just about the most astonishing wood that I have ever seen. :bowdown:

Reaction score
I played the new 25th Anniversary SE Custom 24 last week, and I was really impressed!
They look fucking great in person, and it has the old PRS bird inlays, which is awesome... It felt and played very good. The tuners stayed in tune well for stock SE tuners, and through a Peavey Triple XXX and a Mesa combo it sounded pretty damn good! It's a good price also.
I'm actually considering getting the Royal Blue model :yesway:

Guitar Asylum

Reaction score
I played the new 25th Anniversary SE Custom 24 last week, and I was really impressed!
They look fucking great in person, and it has the old PRS bird inlays, which is awesome... It felt and played very good. The tuners stayed in tune well for stock SE tuners, and through a Peavey Triple XXX and a Mesa combo it sounded pretty damn good! It's a good price also.
I'm actually considering getting the Royal Blue model :yesway:

+1 on all of that... When I checked out that red on above I did some pretty heavy double stops and had no tuning problems at all.

For the record, those ARE veneers, but like I said earlier they have real maple tops, so you reap all the benefits of mahogany/maple + sick PRS looks for less that $700.

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
I see you have the SE Custom Semi-Hollows. Did you get any of the SE Custom Semi-Hollow Soapbars, or the SE Ones (to satisfy my LP Jr. GAS)?

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
If they had carved tops nobody would buy the USA PRSs anymore. Well, besides those who could afford it to begin with obviously.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
If they had carved tops nobody would buy the USA PRSs anymore. Well, besides those who could afford it to begin with obviously.

That's exactly why PRS has said we will never see a carved-top doublecut SE.

And holy shit have I been GASing over the new SE One Korina.

')