PRS SE Singlecut (Matteo Blue)

• Thread starter GSingleton
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
SE Singlecut Model Specs (Discontinued Blue Matteo)
Body Top Wood: Maple and Flame Maple Veneer
Back Wood: Mahogany

Neck
Number of Frets: 22
Scale Length: 25"
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
Neck Shape:Wide Fat
Fretboard: Moons

Hardware/Electronics
Bridge: PRS Designed Stoptail
Tuners: PRS Designed Tuners
Truss Rod Cover: "PRS"
Hardware Type: Nickel
Treble Pickup PRS Designed SE Treble Humbucker
Bass Pickup PRS Designed SE Bass Humbucker
Pickup Switching Volume and Tone Control with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector

First Impression:
Saw this used at a GC with a SKB case for 200 bucks. What a deal??? And that finish! flame Maple top and natural binding! I was looking for a more reserved guitar to contrast my white RG and RGD7321. This guitar’s main function would be to remind in standard and be a gigging guitar for my percussion studio. I sat down with it and just plucked a bit on it. I hate painted necks, but this one is not that bad. I still may sand it down to take some steel wool to take the gloss off the neck. Felt nice in my hands and was a nice little guitar. First Impression 4:5

Plug it Up:
Clean wise, the neck pickup has lots of bass. This guitar sounds great clean or with little to no effect. Sustain leaves some room for improvement and this is mainly due to the pickups. I would highly suggest changing the pickups asap! This thing can play clean well, and play vintage rock. For metal, or more progressive technical music…UPGRADE THE PICKUPS! It does what I need it to do for more, but I will be upgrading the pickups. The stock pickups on my RG350DX have more life and sustain in them than these. You can definitely tell on palm muted chords, that it is tight…but it is too tight and very thin. *THIS IS NOT A METAL GUITAR….STOCK* Pick it Up: 3:5

Action and Feel:
Action is a little higher than I am completely comfy with but I adjusted quickly. It is not a shred guitar obviously. It is a nice guitar for what it is for. I will be customizing mine like crazy to make it something special and better. The body is not heavy at all, but due to the gloss finish on it, it tends to slide out of your lap unless you have a strap on it. The cut is definitely nice and allows for you to get to all 22 frets. If you are looking for a fast shred guitar, I would advise something else. Action and Feel: 3.5:5

Overall:
This guitar is good for what it is. It is by no means a shred guitar…yet. Easily customizable. The pickups are good for clean but definitely lack when effects are added. *BE AWARE* Parts for this from PRS are INSANELY expensive. I would suggest modifying it with other equipment if you can. For the price I paid, it will definitely be a project guitar.

Overall: 3:5 due to the pickups and glossy neck, I have to give it a 3. If you love the LP style body, and love to play vintage rock, I would highly recommend this guitar. The quality is absolutely great. I bought this used and it does not have a single scratch or factory flaw on it. I like it and it does what I need it to do.

DSC01803.jpg

DSC01804.jpg

*I do plan on sanding the back of the body and neck and refinishing it all other than the top*

Hope this has been helpful. :yesway:

Sincerely,
G. Singleton

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts