PSA: Kiesel Guitars victim of mail fraud for 16 guitars

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana

Reaction score
I missed the part in the video where he pointed that out. Doesn't mean the theory that Carvin faked a theft has any more credence at all.

it has as much credence as any theory at this point, since nobody except the thieves know where the guitars are. duh

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
When the shady owner of a shady company gets robbed of a product that has no value to the thief (since they literally can't be sold or traded anywhere for even the lowest of profit) there's only one basic conclusion to come to if you exert a shred of common sense and it's not in tinfoil territory.

Most likely the thieves don't have a clue about guitars at all and just went there because they had an opportunity. Stealing this or whatever else basically makes no difference to them.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently the nice statement wasn't enough, don't be a douche in this thread. I'm as sick of some of the Kiesel crap as everyone else, but a thread about stolen guitars is NOT the place to dog pile a company and it won't be tolerated.

Also Alex removing ONE thread about a customer with an issue that got his money back hardly constitutes infringing ANYONE'S free speech :facepalm:

that short guy

Reaction score
FBI for a local petty theft crime? Something fishy not adding up here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't thefts over a certain amount automatically get handled by the FBI? I may be remembering incorrectly but I think the number is something like 10K

Dana

Reaction score
Sorry, but this is not how a company should be properly addressing theft.
I think the whole "buy a guitar now" thing just turns me off. Even if they did get robbed.

Greenbrettiscool

Reaction score
Per Jeff on facebook, these were guitars-in-stock. No customer orders. This was the show room.

As a local to Kiesel, I visit the showroom to hang out quite a bit, about every week to say hey. What's odd to me is that more than a few of those models shown were in fact in the showroom, yes, but most of them are kept back in the wearhouse, and I know for a fact more than half were back in the wearhouse.
It just seems so fishy to me as well..

Greenbrettiscool

Reaction score
So that means they had time to go check out the showroom, pick and choose, then go to the back and pick and choose? It's just so odd to me.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't thefts over a certain amount automatically get handled by the FBI? I may be remembering incorrectly but I think the number is something like 10K

Yeah, according to the FBI website, they do investigate "retail theft". I didn't see where they state a threshold, but $40k is probably enough.

Womb raider

Drink from the goblet, the goblet of gore
Reaction score
I think the whole "buy a guitar now" thing just turns me off. Even if they did get robbed.

Yea wth was that? Hey guys we don't have enough security to keep our showroom from getting robbed of 16 guitars, but now is a GREAT time to make that large purchase you've been thinking about!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So, does he mean it was a burglary? I don't want to be pedantic, but robbing means there were people there when the guitars were stolen, and so maybe they got a look at the thief?

Also, I don't think it sounded like he was asking for people to buy guitars too much because of it. It was more of a, "if you were thinking of buying, that would be great, we appreciate the support." It didn't seem like the overall message. I doubt he gave it that much thought.

It is a weird situation if the guitars weren't all in the same place, because you'd think this would be a smash and grab situation, but I guess we really don't know for sure they weren't all together at the time.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Wow. I can't believe this happened. Who would steal a Kiesel?
Disgruntled customer that they disappointed?

Reeks of a publicity stunt on social media, a company like Carvin should be properly insured to cover the stolen goods (and why should the FBI investigate on 16 guitars). This is another sales rep move to create a buzz incl. snazzy video effects
Uhhh...

It is a weird situation if the guitars weren't all in the same place, because you'd think this would be a smash and grab situation, but I guess we really don't know for sure they weren't all together at the time.
Right.

big_aug

Reaction score
Most likely someone with inside knowledge. Would any thief target a building/company like this otherwise? Guitars aren't exactly gold bars. The size and scale alone would deter common thieves. Insiders would have known they had zero security which any reasonable person would expect.

cip 123

Reaction score
I get it could be an employee stealing if the guitars were in different places.

But you guys saying its Kiesel doing this for Insurance money...You've gone off the deep end.

I don't like Kiesel but I hope it all gets sorted out, no matter who's actually involved in the theft.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
You guys are seriously criticizing Carvin for announcing that they had several of their instruments stolen? Did Jeff run over all your guys' cats or something?

I seriously hope they find these instruments. It'd be nice to hear a good ending to a story for once, the worst happens far too often.

A-Branger

Reaction score

and how they should then??? :wallbash:

by making a social media video with the photos and serial numbers of the guitars so everyone can spread the word is the best they can do

the "buy a guitar now" its not a Fricking marketing strategy!!!!!! c'mon people!!, I know a lot of you dont like this brand (me included) and we all are with a bad taste in our mouths from the alst two incidents here but seriously dudes!!. If you want to keep trashing them this is not the time or place to do so, go and create a new tread. If you dont have anything good to say or add to this tread, just SHUT UP and stop making weird excuses and conspiracy plots.

he did NOT say "buy my guitars now" in order to sell more, he say you can still buy guitars so people know they can still do so. If you were planing to make an order, you are safe to do so now. Just because they got 16 guitars stolen doesnt mean they are going to stop production, so yes, you can buy guitars now. And due to a 40k$ in loss due to a thief, the company its on a money loss at this moment, so yes, any guitar you purchase now it helps them to keep paying their bills and employess, so yes, buy a guitar.

who stole the guitar? anyone really, someone from the inside, someone from the outside, someone with a knoledge of these guitars and how much they are worth in the market. Who cares, someone did. Yes people do it, remember we are living on an era were Steve Vai gets one of his main guitars stolen from a sound check and John Petrucci gets stolen his first JP15 from the showroom floor at NAMM

They are even giving you a 5k$ or a custom guitar build for you if you have any info about it!!!! and you all keep trashing them like this were some stupid sort of marketing scheme and inside job to cash in some insurance

seriously whats wrong with you people :wallbash:

also for the Mods, would be better to pin this tread in the guitar sub-forum. Like we have done with the other guitar stolen treads?

MajorTom

Supreme Being
Reaction score
And this is exactly why I'm extremely cautious about posting photos of my guitars, especially photos with more than one guitar in it, or of an expensive, old or rare guitars.

The theft of musical instruments is just becoming far too common these days, especially guitars.

extendedsolo

Reaction score
I think it's fine to say "yeah sucks that they got robbed but I wonder what the whole story is." Yes it could be a disgruntled employee.

It's much different and completely ignorant and stupid at this point to say the conspiracy theory bs. The guitars were stolen and Kiesel is saying they were robbed. What is the other sides proof? I'm not sure how some people on here have even made it this far in their life.

I hope they find the guitars but I fear these are headed overseas

Dana

Reaction score
And due to a 40k$ in loss due to a thief, the company its on a money loss at this moment, so yes, any guitar you purchase now it helps them to keep paying their bills and employess, so yes, buy a guitar.

?

How is it a loss? Unless they are dumb enough to not have insurance....
If anything, they will get insurance money from a bunch of guitars that were sitting there unsold making exactly zero dollars. It's not a monetary loss at this point. Cripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')