PSA: Kiesel Guitars victim of mail fraud for 16 guitars

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

big_aug

Reaction score
Wow. I can't believe this happened. Who would steal a Kiesel?

CapnForsaggio

Cap'n (general)
Reaction score
How does a facility that cranks out custom guitars worth $3000 each not have $200 of cameras up and running at all times? A monitored security system?

The tools alone in that shop should justify these measures, not to mention trade secrets and finished inventory....

Reaks of an inside job. (Like a disgruntled employee or something, NOT AN INSURANCE CONSPIRACY.....)

Last edited:

Dana

Reaction score
they have insurance, which will compensate for the stolen goods. but you have to wonder if its not an inside job to collect the insurance money. the whole thing is fishy as said.

"now would be a good time to buy a guitar'? cmon

schantist

Banned
Reaction score
How does a facility that cranks out custom guitars worth $3000 each not have $200 of cameras up and running at all times? A monitored security system?

The tools alone in that shop should justify these measures, not to mention trade secrets and finished inventory....

Reaks of an inside job.

Reeks of a publicity stunt on social media, a company like Carvin should be properly insured to cover the stolen goods (and why should the FBI investigate on 16 guitars). This is another sales rep move to create a buzz incl. snazzy video effects

element256

Reaction score
they have insurance, which will compensate for the stolen goods. but you have to wonder if its not an inside job to collect the insurance money. the whole thing is fishy as said.

"now would be a good time to buy a guitar'? cmon

Doing anything to suppress all the recent bad build threads popping up I guess since dozens of people cancelled or went elsewhere for their builds? :wallbash: Need to get that inventory flowing again and a $40k valuation check? haha that'll do donkey... that'll do

bzhan1

Banned
Reaction score
FBI? They have a 20 page thread here full of haters to look through.

I doubt they'd pull a potentially business ending stunt to get $40k, that's just retarded.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Reaks of an inside job.

FBI for a local petty theft crime? Something fishy not adding up here.

Reeks of a publicity stunt on social media... (and why should the FBI investigate on 16 guitars)

REALLY?

Maybe the FBI is investigating because major retail theft is something that they're concerned with? Maybe they are investigating because they investigate cargo theft? Maybe Carvin was part of a large string of thefts?

There's been some legitimate criticism of Carvin on SSO lately, but this is full on witch hunt tinfoil hat territory.

Hope those people's builds are found.

beneharris

Reaction score
Guys, I'm sure they didn't fake "steal" the guitars. Are they maybe using the situation to goose sales? Probably. But its not an inside job, and they didn't steal 40k of their own guitars... :nuts:

ferret

Reaction score
Per Jeff on facebook, these were guitars-in-stock. No customer orders. This was the show room.

Dana

Reaction score

REALLY?

Maybe the FBI is investigating because major retail theft is something that they're concerned with? Maybe they are investigating because they investigate cargo theft? Maybe Carvin was part of a large string of thefts?

There's been some legitimate criticism of Carvin on SSO lately, but this is full on witch hunt tinfoil hat territory.

Hope those people's builds are found.

did you even watch the vid? no customer guitars were stolen.

element256

Reaction score
Well in the words of the last Carvin "custom" build:
"I STRONGLY caution anyone to take a hard look at how this owner handles his business before spending your hard earned money with them."

When the shady owner of a shady company gets robbed of a product that has no value to the thief (since they literally can't be sold or traded anywhere for even the lowest of profit) there's only one basic conclusion to come to if you exert a shred of common sense and it's not in tinfoil territory.

No matter how hard you suppress free speech eventually the truth comes out. Carvin can no longer keep their tentacles in every pocket of every forum and online entity and we're now seeing the "truth" come to fruition with open eyes and full transparency.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I missed the part in the video where he pointed that out. Doesn't mean the theory that Carvin faked a theft has any more credence at all.

No matter how hard you suppress free speech eventually the truth comes out.
That's... that's not what free speech is. Carvin isn't the government, nor is Alex and the mod team.

I give up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
')