Pups for Schecter Avenger A-7+

• Thread starter QuarkSoup
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

QuarkSoup

Reaction score
So I'm looking into getting some new pickups for my 7-string. I play in a southern metal band with various other influences so I'm going to need something pretty versatile and with some crunch. Any recommendations?

Anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Since he said southern metal, I thought the JB would be a better fit. It has more of that rude grit IMHO.

QuarkSoup

Reaction score
I've done a little research and I've decided to go with EMG's. Thanks for the suggestions.

Reaction score
Actually, EMG's would be terrible for the kind of thing you're trying to do. The cleans are not that great, and would probably have the worst voicings for the type of music you're trying to play. Also, you'd have to get a Dremmel tool and route the guitar for them since the EMG's are freakin' huge. I play a Revenger 7, which is close enough to the guitar you have, and I'd go with what Noodles suggested. But since your'e set on EMG's, I guess there's nothing more I can say.

QuarkSoup

Reaction score
Actually, EMG's would be terrible for the kind of thing you're trying to do. The cleans are not that great, and would probably have the worst voicings for the type of music you're trying to play. Also, you'd have to get a Dremmel tool and route the guitar for them since the EMG's are freakin' huge. I play a Revenger 7, which is close enough to the guitar you have, and I'd go with what Noodles suggested. But since your'e set on EMG's, I guess there's nothing more I can say.

Well, I thought about it and I probably wouldn't be using this guitar for what we play. I most often stick with my Les Paul for the bluesy stuff. So for this guitar I'd like to go for a different sound. Something heavier.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well the Duncans do sound heavier as well IMO. The EMGs can sound okay too though.

Sixus1

Reaction score
I'm a Southern Metal player as well, and I use Schecter C-7 Hellraisers, in part because I love the EMG 707's, so those are what I would point you to.

')