Q-Tuners Neodymium Pickup

• Thread starter Open Wounds
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Open Wounds

Reaction score
i checked out their site the other day and i listened to some of the sound clips and they sound pretty badass. i think im definately going to order the superhigh z bridge pickup when i get the $$. there only 185 USD shipped and thats a bit less than lundgren or BKP and since i dont have the expertise to route my guitar body to fit in emg's i think this will be a nice endeavour to explore.

For those of you who dont know q-tuners uses a special hi-powered magnet and advanced computer guidance technology to create a cool pickup. go to http://www.q-tuner.com/intro.shtml and read about it.:shred:

anyone have these here that would like to put in their :2c: ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yet another Q-Tuner thread. I don't think anyone has bitten on the 7s yet.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't 7 Strings of Hate gonna get some?

I'd love to try some out if they had a return policy :lol:

Open Wounds

Reaction score
wow, no one here has taken any risk on these? im suprised, dimarzio and seymour can pump out loads of crap they call pickups and people go nuts over them but no one will touch these...i think il take some risk on these when i get enough money and il post some decent soundclips with my 5150.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not so much taking risk that's the problem, it's that for an extra $20 I can get hand made custom pickups from Bareknuckle or... Lundgrens.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: It's funny... looking at the threads this "Open Wounds" guy posted in, like 1/2 of them were bumping up old Q-Tuners pickups threads? :scratch: Wonder if this is like a Krank-esque publicity move, AND he proved to be a dick and got himself banned... nice. :flame:

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
And here I am getting excited to hear sound clips of them out of his 5150

haha!

But that's cause i'm a curious kitty.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Wounds
dimarzio and seymour can pump out loads of crap they call pickups and people go nuts over them but no one will touch these.

:rolleyes:

Yeah that was the part that made me think he might be a member of the Q-tuners company. Why would someone slag two major companies that have been around forever to promote a brand new company? If he really wanted them to sound good he would have posted clips and asked what people thought, not insulting two of the big boys! :squint:

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
^^ basically

...I'd still like to hear some nice high gain clips of these things, cause they look neat.

Vibetronic

Reaction score
Yeah that was the part that made me think he might be a member of the Q-tuners company. Why would someone slag two major companies that have been around forever to promote a brand new company? If he really wanted them to sound good he would have posted clips and asked what people thought, not insulting two of the big boys! :squint:

nah he's not, that'd be me :) I recorded the hi-gain demo on the site (actually, re-recorded now with a better sound). Currently doing the second demo at the moment, after which I'll be recording stuff mic'ing up my amp (which, before you ask, q-tuner didn't want me to do for the demos). Awesome pickups. I've played most other big-name brands and I certainly won't be going back :)

')