Quad Cortex CorOS 3.0 - with Plug-in Compatibility - Launching July 31st

• Thread starter lattjeful
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It only supports two of their plugins? Am I reading that right?
Yep. As if the wait for it wasn't any longer, it's a gradual rollout of the plugins. The plugins have to be updated to "X" versions.

BUT that's not enough either. The QC then has to be updated to support the X plugins. Right now there are five plugins that have been updated to their X versions: Plini (supported by QC in 3.0), Gojira (supported by QC in 3.0), Nameless (not yet supported), Soldano (not yet supported), and Parallax (not yet supported.) Fun isn't it?

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
no hurry, they'll get there lol. im sure our kids' kids will be pumped for it.
w=400

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I'm not sure why plugin support is even a big deal. To me, they are like Artist Presets from days gone by.

Makes sense in a plugin format if you are going after a specific sound, but the QC can most likey already get those tones with some skillful tweaking of existing models and captures.

As a pre-order customer, I'll admit it sounded like a cool feature at the time, but I never missed it. I also never owned a NDSP plugin so I didn't feel ripped off.

Shask

Reaction score
I'm not sure why plugin support is even a big deal. To me, they are like Artist Presets from days gone by.

Makes sense in a plugin format if you are going after a specific sound, but the QC can most likey already get those tones with some skillful tweaking of existing models and captures.

As a pre-order customer, I'll admit it sounded like a cool feature at the time, but I never missed it. I also never owned a NDSP plugin so I didn't feel ripped off.
I assume it is more about the empty promises than the actual tones.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think it's a cool feature if it eventually gets all of their plugins implemented. Especially Parallax, which seems weird they wouldn't do that one right away.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
That's kind of sad that you buy 1500€ modeller (which used to be 1800€) and it doesn't include the 100€ plugins. At least the amp models..

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Prepare for the wave of disappointment once people realize that it's just some "presets" from the plugin and not really the real Neural DSP plugin running on the unit with all the beautiful UI and stuff.

Latest posts

')