Quad Cortex CorOS 3.0 - with Plug-in Compatibility - Launching July 31st

• Thread starter lattjeful
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It only supports two of their plugins? Am I reading that right?
Yep. As if the wait for it wasn't any longer, it's a gradual rollout of the plugins. The plugins have to be updated to "X" versions.

BUT that's not enough either. The QC then has to be updated to support the X plugins. Right now there are five plugins that have been updated to their X versions: Plini (supported by QC in 3.0), Gojira (supported by QC in 3.0), Nameless (not yet supported), Soldano (not yet supported), and Parallax (not yet supported.) Fun isn't it?

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
no hurry, they'll get there lol. im sure our kids' kids will be pumped for it.
w=400

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I'm not sure why plugin support is even a big deal. To me, they are like Artist Presets from days gone by.

Makes sense in a plugin format if you are going after a specific sound, but the QC can most likey already get those tones with some skillful tweaking of existing models and captures.

As a pre-order customer, I'll admit it sounded like a cool feature at the time, but I never missed it. I also never owned a NDSP plugin so I didn't feel ripped off.

Shask

Reaction score
I'm not sure why plugin support is even a big deal. To me, they are like Artist Presets from days gone by.

Makes sense in a plugin format if you are going after a specific sound, but the QC can most likey already get those tones with some skillful tweaking of existing models and captures.

As a pre-order customer, I'll admit it sounded like a cool feature at the time, but I never missed it. I also never owned a NDSP plugin so I didn't feel ripped off.
I assume it is more about the empty promises than the actual tones.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think it's a cool feature if it eventually gets all of their plugins implemented. Especially Parallax, which seems weird they wouldn't do that one right away.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Prepare for the wave of disappointment once people realize that it's just some "presets" from the plugin and not really the real Neural DSP plugin running on the unit with all the beautiful UI and stuff.

From what I’ve read it does seem to be them just adding new amp/effect blocks to the QC that are supposed to sound identical to the plugins. I believe they said the plugin factory presets will be available on the QC, but user presets will not be until some time later.

Without any kind of interaction with the actual plugin, or loading of the actual plugin on the QC, this just seems like they added amp/effects blocks and said “Here’s the plugin!”

sleewell

Reaction score
if someone could find a way to get fractals to europe the QC wouldnt even still be a thing

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
From what I’ve read it does seem to be them just adding new amp/effect blocks to the QC that are supposed to sound identical to the plugins. I believe they said the plugin factory presets will be available on the QC, but user presets will not be until some time later.

Without any kind of interaction with the actual plugin, or loading of the actual plugin on the QC, this just seems like they added amp/effects blocks and said “Here’s the plugin!”
Alright, feel free to throw rotten tomatoes at me:

Fractal makes it seem like coding is easy. Cliff can fix a problem in the same day.

Quad cortex makes it seem like coding is nearly impossible.

:lalala:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Alright, feel free to throw rotten tomatoes at me:

Fractal makes it seem like coding is easy. Cliff can fix a problem in the same day.

Quad cortex makes it seem like coding is nearly impossible.

:lalala:
From everything I've heard Cliff does seem quite a bit of a coding prodigy. Or at the very least super obsessive lol

sleewell

Reaction score
the QC team are like the cops in the big lebowski. oh yea we got another detective on the case, they got us working in shifts now!!! don't hold out for the creedence though hahaha. soon!!!! very soon!!!! and then they all laugh at you

they are getting paid so fuck you and fuck every promise we made 4 years ago when we tried to sell you this thing

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Wow that is more than a bit shitty :2c:

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

So does everyone get the new models or only those that bought the plugin?

I'm cool with Fractal not having a plugin version, but the Helix people are like 🤷‍♀️

')