Quad Cortex CorOS 3.0 - with Plug-in Compatibility - Launching July 31st

• Thread starter lattjeful
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Just gonna ask here as I presume it's the best to find people who are QC conversant. Has anybody done Midi control of a QC?

I'm setting up a playback project and the other guitarist has a QC, so I'm trying to do it without actually having the unit to test. I understand that CC43/0-7 is used to select the A-H footswitches, what I'm struggling with is how to navigate between different banks of sounds. I've figured out by logical deduction that I need to send PC32 to select bank 5A and PC33 to select bank 5B (which is not detailed in the manual clearly at all), but it appears that I also need to select CC0 with a value of 0 or 1, but I don't understand how this lines up with the Bank/Patch selection.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Boris_VTR

Reaction score
Want to use only power section of 6505+/5150 so I need to connect QC to FX return. How do I control volume of power section? Since Peavey is not master volume I believe that full power is available at all times. So I control overall volume with big volume knob on QC? Is other volume setting hidden somewhere that I overlooked? I dont want to turn amp on and get blasted with 120W full tube power (as good as it sounds :D).

Shask

Reaction score
Want to use only power section of 6505+/5150 so I need to connect QC to FX return. How do I control volume of power section? Since Peavey is not master volume I believe that full power is available at all times. So I control overall volume with big volume knob on QC? Is other volume setting hidden somewhere that I overlooked? I dont want to turn amp on and get blasted with 120W full tube power (as good as it sounds :D).
You have to control your volume with your modeler.

Elric

Reaction score
The volume control on your QC will be your master unless you route the signal weirdly. You also have numerous volume controls in the path on the QC. Most notably the amp module has a master and level, the input output ports all are going to have individual levels also. It's really up to you.

Setting normalized volumes in the presets and then using the QC's knob as the master is probably the simplest method by far, though. I do this all the time and the QC is great as a preamp.

Latest posts

')