Quality of Legator guitars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gh0styboi

Everybody Poops
Reaction score
"Legator - You'll Probably Trade It For A Cordless Vacuum." - Legator advertising in 2025, probably.

Sorry to hear it sucked the life out of you, dude, but you got a dope Prestige out of it. Your experience is pretty much why I just tend to stay away from Legator as a brand. The good ones are good, but I've seen way too many accounts of these kinds of experiences to risk it, even knowing how to do fretwork, etc.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like it's a hindrance if the desired object is a Legator.

The biggest hindrance in my musical hobby has been the ceaseless bullshit of fellow musicians.

Last edited:

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I haven't tried the chief keef merrow schecter yet but I'd love to lay my hands on one.

The legators I got were not quite up to current schecter quality because the first ghost I got had worse cosmetic fuckups than I've ever seen on a schecter, and this black ghost I have is just okay. I'm still mad I lost that tuner washer but that's on me. The fretwork on this black ghost is better than on my multiscale ghost by a country mile, but as mentioned, it could be improved to eliminate some light buzz in spots on the low strings which is heard acoustically. I have it at a 5/64" to 3/64" taper right now.

I pulled the ghost off Reverb because I'm tired of Reverb taking my money, but I have it should anyone want to buy it.

I want to try some more current Schecters. It seems like they've really classed up their offerings compared to back when I played them.

I owned a fair amount of MIK Schecters and LTDs ~15 yrs ago and thought the quality was consistently good on all of them (outside of imo, overly thick finishes that leave the guitar feeling kind of "plastic-y" in your hands. But I kind of just see that as a norm with a majority of imports I've come across). I had an extended loan of an 8 string MIK agile from the drummer of a band I played in for a while and thought it was pretty terrible. On par with a bullet strat thats been sitting on the floor of a GC for way too long 🤷‍♂️

I've been reveling in a bit of MIA snobbery for the last couple years but that came to an end with the MII prs se I just got. It's a really fantastic instrument and I'm very impressed that that is what is coming from there these days. The tip of the scarf joint looks a little wonky to me but thats strictly aesthetic and the biggest "problem" I can find

')