Question about a tremol-no...

• Thread starter DMONSTER
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DMONSTER

SS.org Dweller
Reaction score
If i were to install a tremol-no onto a guitar, does that mean i could take those string locker things at the nut off and be able to change the tuning however i wanted to like a hardtail?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If i were to install a tremol-no onto a guitar, does that mean i could take those string locker things at the nut off and be able to change the tuning however i wanted to like a hardtail?

Yes, as the Tremol-No basically turn the trem into a defacto-hardtail bridge.

Sigh..... No.

theres a lot you should know before you buy a guitar with a trem, and it takes probably a good 3 or 4 hours with one once you do to fully understand how they balance and how to set it up. This link'll get you started Floyd Rose Tremolo Bridge - Adjusting and Intonating Electric Guitar Tremolos.

I think you need to look into what a Tremol-No is: http://www.tremol-no.com/

cev

Trollhammaren!!
Reaction score
If you're just interested in blocking the trem, it's cheaper and easier to just jam a couple of blocks of wood in the back of the guitar. The tremol-no is more for if you want to go back and forth between floating and fixed.

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
If you're just interested in blocking the trem, it's cheaper and easier to just jam a couple of blocks of wood in the back of the guitar. The tremol-no is more for if you want to go back and forth between floating and fixed.

:agreed:

Armor Darks

Reaction score
only if you'll take hard wood, but it will suck sustain and anyway it won't give 100% stability because even if you'll putt of all except one spring anyway wood block will "dive" a bit and it will cause some instability
solution is to use steel block or get tremol-no to block trem from both sides

I know that not all have that issue, but I used to have it on my Ibanezes
anyway imho

sublevel

Newbiee
Reaction score

Yes you can.

RenegadeDave

Huge nerd
Reaction score
<3 Tremol-No. Even if you don't use it while you're playing, it makes tech work on the bridge a breeze. Easily worth the $70.

Additionally, the guitar does begin to FEEL like a fixed bridge when you lock it down, sustain increases a decent bit.

drenzium

Reaction score
basically yes you can take them off
but i don't really recommend it though unless the tuners you have installed on the guitar are locking tuners. the tuning stability will be greater if you lock down the nut, really only take 2 seconds to do.

dunno

Reaction score
Yes you can take them off. I installed the tremol-no to be able to tune different sometimes. I didn`t know it would be such improvement to my guitar. I suggest you put those lockers at nut down, because the action of guitar got instantly better, feel of strings got much more comfortable to play, I would say the neck seems somehow faster to me now. It surely detunes a little if you carry it in gig bag or so, but it`s a matter of few seconds to get it back in tune again. It haven`t detuned a bit while playing. But in case it would you can still throw the lockers on nut to prevent from detuning while playing. So my recommendation is if you don`t use tremolo definetely go for tremol-no. Also if you change your mind after installing, just unscrew two screws on tremol-no and there, you`re back to full floating tremolo mode. It turned my super class K7 guitar into something I could just call PERFECT. I really have nothing that would bother me only a little bit on that guitar now.

')