Question about cabs

• Thread starter strychnine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which cab do you think is best?

• VHT

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Behringer

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Other

Votes: 49 65.3%

• Total voters

strychnine

miami sucks
Reaction score
From what you guys know, what is better

VHT Cabs
Behringer Cabs
Orange Cabs
other?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
Best cabinets:

Bogner
Splawn
Mesa

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Most Aerial Acoustics speakers have 2" thick solid front baffles, I'd have to say those are some of the the best-built cabinets in existance, each one of their basic 2-driver towers weighs over 100 pounds....

What that has to do with guitars, I have no idea.

Anyway, DSS knows what he's talking about so I'd probably go with him but I don't like Mesa too much, the name is dumb, that's probably the only reason why though. I have to pimp Randall though, I love the sound of my amp and their stuff is pretty beastly, especially the ones with the 15" eminence legends.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
since I'm assuming the 3 you put were the ones you're looking at, I chose VHT. I would so have one of those right now if I had the cash:)

strychnine

miami sucks
Reaction score
i've got a mesa here but im not happy with it.
I wonder why no one likes the ones I listed besides the VHT :)

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
strychnine said:
i've got a mesa here but im not happy with it.
I wonder why no one likes the ones I listed besides the VHT :)
I've never played an orange cab, and haven't really heard much about them. I made a thread yesterday about how I tried out a new Behringer cab... and it was utter shit... VHT though, they seriuosly have my favorite cabs, I <3 them with a passion.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't like the sound of my Mesa with vin30's, it seemed too harsh in the mids, almost buzzy, even with eq tweaking. then I added a second mesa with custom90's, run the 2 together, and sounds great.

The cabs, I think, sound fine, it was a speaker issue. If I was going to run 1 cab, half stack, I would definitely look at probably 2 vin30's and 2 custom90's in an X pattern, which has been talked about around here recently.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the guys from Switchfoot use orange amps, I think...I thought they were more of a vintage-y vibe, so that's why I wouldn't really consider them. They're supposed to be pretty nice for what they are though.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
Slap some C90's in an X pattern with those V30's ;).

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
VHT cabs OWN!

Orange are for vintage buffs that think the older and cheesier it looks the better it sounds.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Other. I like Mesas and Bogners a lot. The VHTs sound very good with their amps.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I played through a Bogner with V30's and GT75's in an X-pattern, and it sounded really, really good. A bit too much midrange for my taste, but very thick and complex sounding. My Mesa is harsher, but I'm chalking that up the V30's being brand spanking new. The great thing is if I ever decide I don't like it, I'll just pickup two more C90's and sell the V30's.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been using Genz-Benz G-Flex 2x12's that blow most 4x12's I've heard out of the water. The 4x12 version is absolutely INSANE, but it's a tad on the heavy side. :shred:

Jesse

iJesse
Contributor
Reaction score
I run my ashdown through a behringer... I like it.. I want an ashdown cab eventually... ASHDOWN....ASHDOWN....ASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWNASHDOWN....ASHDOWN.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Where does one buy C90s? Are they easy to install?

')