Question about cabs

• Thread starter strychnine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which cab do you think is best?

• VHT

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Behringer

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Other

Votes: 49 65.3%

• Total voters

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
LordOVchaoS said:
Something worth looking into:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOJO-4x12-Guita...ryZ38075QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Supposedly this place builds cabinets for boutique amp companies and they slap their logo on it. A few (rare but smart) people over at HC are raving about them right now. You have to buy them unloaded and add your own speakers but... $350 ain't bad if they're half as good as they say they are.
I wonder if those people who are raving about them... are the ones selling them.:scratch:

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score
Marshall all the way. I have had mine for ever. They are extremely versatile. They have a very unique tone as well. Nothing beats them.

bulb

Reaction score
Dude hands down Orange cabs are the best i have ever heard! My friend told me to check em out cuz they were supposedly phenomenal, but i was like "orange is rock not metal", i went to a store and godamn i was blown away. It projects the mids out like NOTHING else out there, its not fizzy or tinny, but it emphasizes a really musical mid frequency, the high end is clear but not piercing, and the best part, the bass OH THE BASS. Its HUGE but tight and responsive bass which was really the first time i had ever heard it to such a degree. I would say that orange cabs are one of the industry's best kept secrets. The only thing is they arent cheap, 939 for the cab, but when i looked at why they sounded the way they did it made sense. These things are DENSE. First off they are made of marine grade birch which is denser than baltic birch, and instead of 11-13 plies like normal cabs they have 18, so thats what enables the sound in general to be tight and focused, then with the v30's it just rounds off the whole package and it just makes your rig sound that much better! So now i have one and i still have not played a cab that comes close (bogners and vht's are good but not as good, diezels were disappointing, not a mesa or marshall cab fan and the behringers make me want to cut my ears off).

Now given that it is quite a bit of money to spend on a cab, the best cabs i have found if you want them for under 500 are avatar cabs, my friend has one for his 5150, and i actually liked it a lot, i will probably buy one as a second cab since it sounds great and costs half the price of the orange (i dont look forward to spending that much money again haha).

2powern

Maiden England
Reaction score
I'd say Avatar, from the specs and prices they're brilliant, but as they don't ship to the UK, I'm just guessing.

Personally I like the Marshall 1960b with 2 V30s in the X pattern.
But that's just me.

DeathShred1

Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
I've been using Genz-Benz G-Flex 2x12's that blow most 4x12's I've heard out of the water. The 4x12 version is absolutely INSANE, but it's a tad on the heavy side. :shred:

Dude I have to agree with you on that. I was really impressed with those cabs.

Brord said:
Just looked at the Vader Cab. site and I'm pretty interested in seeing something new on the market. Anybody had any experience with those? It's a bit of a problem for me to try one for I live in the Netherlands... I'm really curious.

What about Carvin cabs????

Yeah I have had experience with the Vader cabs and they sound awesome for Death Metal or any extreme Metal playing. Really loud cabs. My band is supposed to be getting endorsed by this company. We just have to come up with the ching to get one so we can be put on their web site. Other then that the only other cab I would get would be the Genz Benz 212 cabs. I love those cabs.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
VADER!
VaderStack4.jpg

Ryan

Reaction score
bulb said:
...and the behringers make me want to cut my ears off.

We need a *cuts ears off* smiley pronto. :lol:

How Randall of Vader.. Ive heard some big names displaying them, i wonder what makes them any better than anything else (if anything)... anyone?

@ Edroz - Cool pic man :metal:

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ryan said:
How Randall of Vader.. Ive heard some big names displaying them, i wonder what makes them any better than anything else (if anything)... anyone?

They have extremely high power handling and unique speakers that are made by Eminence for Vader and there's nowhere else you can get them. The high power handling makes for no speaker breakup and a very tight, focused, clear tone. Good for fast stuff :hbang:

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
Samoth from Zyklon uses Vader...

...and don't write Orange off, the bass response of those beasts is meant to be INSANE!

..also ENGL have a great rep. for cabs

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ihsahn uses them now too. So do both of the guitarists in necrophpagist. So do MANY other death metal bands! I don't think it's that they're only good for extreme metal but the owner of the company is a death metal FREAK so he endorses accordingly.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
Ryan said:
We need a *cuts ears off* smiley pronto. :lol:

@ Edroz - Cool pic man :metal:

haha, thanks! i don't know if vaders are any better than anything else, they just work extremely well for the sound i go for. and like LordOVchaoS already mentioned, the power handling is insane. the 4x12 and 2x15 i use combined can handle 1,080 watts! you aren't sacrificing any crunch either with these eminence speakers compared to V30's or G12T-75's (i personally hate celestions). and also even at full price, vaders are still cheaper than most marshalls and mesa cabs, and are far superior on every level.

')