Question about equipment for live sound

• Thread starter Subranis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Subranis

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a speaker/cab to run live guitar through.

Just played my first show and now I realize how vital this equipment is gonna be, haha!

Anyways, I'm look at the Mesa/Boogie 4x12 rectifier, was wondering if it would work.

Mesa/Boogie 4 x 12" Rectifier Standard Cab Black Grill - Straight | Sweetwater.com

I'm planning on running my pod HD500x direct to the cab, and running all my effects and sounds that way with no actual amp head.

Don't quite have the money for an EVH or 5150, so I was wondering if this would work, just running my amp sim from the pod through the cab and playing that way on small stages. Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Whats your budget? Could get an ISP Stealth, Rocktron Velocity 300, or maybe even a PA power amp like the Crown XLS1000 or the Carvin DCM1000L.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Anything around a grand, total.

That's $1000 for a power amp and cab, right?

A used Mesa Recto cab goes for $600 tops, and you can pick up a solid power amp like an ISP Stealth, Rocktron Velocity 300, or Carvin TS100 (if you'd prefer tubes) for within the remaining budget.

')