Question About Friedman Technique using Catharis IRs

Imdeathcore

noob bear
Reaction score
Call me a n00b but i had to ask I'm tryng to get a decent tone using my pod xt I recorded 4 guitar tracks paned(quad-tracks) in cubase sx3 and i wanna try Catharis IRs using keFIR but i don't know what catharsis impulses have to choose for each track I'm a little confused there are many to chose plase help me guys
icon_confused.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
s-preshigh is the one most people start with.

After that, audition ones until you get sounds you are content with, then mix the guitar sounds with the rest of the tracks.

Readme from the friedman IR pack I found:

readme said:
2 57s like a boss, the first number stands for the mic 1= 57 on axis a bit off from the done 2= off axis s = stereo so these are both impulses mixed down into one. pres = presence. match an mix em :D

The new flavor of the month is redwire impulses, on a thread over on the Axe-FX forums, RW posted a metal experiment pack: http://www.redwirez.com/ir/RedWireExperiments-RectoScooped57.zip

I think these are pretty cool, the RW guys just did a quicky attempt to get something in the vein of metal/Friedman IRs.

Thread: Fractal Audio Systems • View topic - Fredman IR's are metal bliss

')