Question about Ibanez rg470's

• Thread starter Dark Tranquillity
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
my younger brother got one about 2 years ago for 300, so you didn't get a bad deal... its a LoTRS tremelo, which is fairly good quality, not an edge, but not horrible either.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Dylan7620 said:
removed.....

also, IIRC the '93 (?) RG470 was made in japan actually and has a lo pro, but good luck finding one of those. :/
up to 94 RG470's had origional edges, not lo pro's... i had a 94(still have the body) that had a Edge...

Abu-Abu

Reaction score
Sorry to thread hijack a bit, but I recently bought a RG470 body, for a project guitar, and I was wondering if you guys know which bridges will fit in it. I was told Original Floyd, and Edge Pro, but I was wondering what else would fit.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
Elysian said:
up to 94 RG470's had origional edges, not lo pro's... i had a 94(still have the body) that had a Edge...
really? wow, my bad... i knew it wasn't a TRS. i just figured that they all kinda switched from the regular edge to the lo pros in 91 ish just like the universes. :drool: mmm... edge 7....

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
the thing i've noticed about the lo TRS is that they're eiter hit or miss. i've played some that stay in tune quite well (though its, still no edge) and i've had some that go crazy if i pull up even just one step

')