Question about kemper!

Mechanized

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i'm still relatively new around here,

gonna' be straight, i really want a kemper, its ideal for someone like me who records but doesnt have the room for a half stack and wants a more organic tone.

But if i don't have any amps to profile, is downloading other profiles illegal/immoral?

i dont mean to cause any offence, just need to some answers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nemonic

Reaction score
It is not illegal/immoral as long as the author is willing to share it for free. Same applies for music, movies, even books.

Mechanized

Reaction score
So is it worth getting one? are there people out there who bought it for the sole purpose of using others profiles?

sandalhat

Reaction score
Absolutely it is worth it. I bought it primarily for access to tones I can't get with my amps, and for direct recording that sounds amazing. Browse through the rig exchange to see what's available for free. There are something like 3000 free profiles there. Also check kemper forums to see what people are saying about the profiles. The Kemper has quelled more GAS than any other single piece of equipment I've ever bought.

Mechanized

Reaction score
Would you say that it's worth maybe selling my POD HD500 toward a Kemper?

I'm forever in search for the JCM800 tone that Dino Cazares used back in the days of Demanufacture etc.

Nemonic

Reaction score
Would you say that it's worth maybe selling my POD HD500 toward a Kemper?

I'm forever in search for the JCM800 tone that Dino Cazares used back in the days of Demanufacture etc.
I own the HD 500 and if I had a chance right now, I would pick the Kemper.
If you can get raw Demanufacture tone and Kemper, you basically have the same tone. If there would be a difference, you would not hear it.

vansinn

Reaction score
Never tried one myself, but listened to a lot reviews and gotten pretty convinced. Money, though.. :spock:
Have you checked the community? should be a whole lotta profiles there.

I too have no amps/cabs to profile, so would use it as a players rig. But, hehe, given how little time profiling takes, I was thinking, hey, if I bump into someone with a cool setup, just ask "yo dude, mind if I do a quick profile to see how close it gets?" - and end up with one more virtual rig ;)

')