Question about Michael Schenker's flying Vs

• Thread starter Rhyooski
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rhyooski

Furry Trash
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been watching a lot of Schenker again recently and have become more and more intrigued by the little red-and-white thing on his guitar under the bridge. Can anyone of you swell fellas help me out?

Here's a video of him playing one of his guitars too and it has the thing on!
Michael Schenker Rock Bottom - YouTube

Thanks!
Isaac

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Griffinator

Reaction score
It looks like a ring magnet. here's a bigger pic.

mslive1-hr.jpg

I'm no Schenker fan, I have absolutely no idea why it's there, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

erotophonophilia

Reaction score
It looks like a ring magnet. here's a bigger pic.

mslive1-hr.jpg

I'm no Schenker fan, I have absolutely no idea why it's there, but I'm pretty sure that's what iis.

It definanetly looks like a magnet. The magnetic pull, mostly creates more tension, reducing the flabbiness. If I remember correctly, Schenker uses really light gauge strings. Or could reduce the strings from having direct contact, with the back of the ToM bridge, since that's sometimes an issue with string through bodies.

Rhyooski

Furry Trash
Reaction score
Yeah I thought it would be a magnet or something but supposedly my friend saw him play last Saturday and the thing had moved on the body. How strange.

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
I think he uses it to do some weird effect- not 100% sure...

Latest posts

')