Question about Mick Thomson

• Thread starter metalguy_hk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
But the next step you make is "playing more of what I enjoy = on a whole other level". You're comparing drummers based on your taste. It's hard enough to compare something that is NOT a competition but is in fact a creative process. It's even harder to make that comparison when it's filtered through your own love of blast beats.

I only posted those vids because of "Th3M1kes" reply to me.

Taste is subjective of course, I've only been trying to talk about the technical proficiency of DM drummers. But, if you think Joey is as good technically as most DM drummers, then we will have to agree to disagree.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
But, if you think Joey is as good technically as most DM drummers, then we will have to agree to disagree.

I never said that.

Again, you're comparing apples and oranges. Completely different styles - one about technicality, the other about syncopation between multiple drummers. Not to mention completely different genres of music.

It's not a competition. Why make it one? My issue was the "whole other level" comment. In actuality, it's just "a whole lot more technical". Which, if you like technical drummers, is a good thing. If you don't, it isn't.

Reaction score
I never said that.

Again, you're comparing apples and oranges. Completely different styles - one about technicality, the other about syncopation between multiple drummers. Not to mention completely different genres of music.

It's not a competition. Why make it one? My issue was the "whole other level" comment. In actuality, it's just "a whole lot more technical". Which, if you like technical drummers, is a good thing. If you don't, it isn't.

Alright, Yes that is what I meant "a whole lot more technical".

Reaction score
I never said that.

Who doesn't like technical drummers, listen to this:

:shred::shred::shred::shred:

Yeah, this music isn't going double platinum, but not liking the drums should be a crime.

ImBCRichBitch

Reaction score
I always thought the opposite.

I always thought that Jim was best at riffs. I love slipknot, but the first album where mick was doing all the guitar, had the same riff on like 4 different songs. Sorta the same with stone sour. jim kills the riffs and josh kills solos.

')