Question about Mick Thomson

• Thread starter metalguy_hk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalguy_hk

Reaction score
guys, except Slipknot, is Mick play in any bands? I have tired to find there bands that Mick played / playing but what I can surfing in google is only Slipknot. I was watching one of the Mick's lesson and his free style playing really catch my eyes. I am a huge fans of Slipknot, but Mick really surprise me tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
I doubt he has any other notable band considering how epicly time consuming Slipknot probably is/was. Couldn't find anything myself on google either.

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
I really like his playing, would like to see a side project from him.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Yet, the other members all have other bands?

Mick was a guitar teacher in Des Moines, iirc he is one of the members that still lives there and probably never stopped teaching, that probably takes up a bit of time. I too am disappointed that nothing seems to have come from his death metal band idea, because it would have been brilliant, but I can understand why the years of Slipknot touring would put him off the idea of wanting to go touring with another band all over again.

metalguy_hk

Reaction score
Yet, the other members all have other bands?

Apart from Joey (Murderdolls and Rob Zombie), Jim and Corey (Stone Sour), I am not sure whether other people like SIC, the clown etc have other bands or side projects really. But all members from Slipknot are genus. Wondering is SIC play hip pop music since he is a DJ?

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Apart from Joey (Murderdolls and Rob Zombie), Jim and Corey (Stone Sour), I am not sure whether other people like SIC, the clown etc have other bands or side projects really.

They do. Shawn is in a terrible juggalo rock band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYclqxTRzqk

I don't doubt the other guys have side projects as well.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that being in Slipknot doesn't pay like it used to.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
I remember that he was talking about releasing a solo album but I guess that never happened.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I would love to see him release a proper balls-out death metal album. The guy is so sick.

blaise120

Bleakblaze
Reaction score
Hate slipknot with a passion but mick did hit up guest guitar on one of malevolent creations albums, pretty good stuff

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
So many pretentious people here. Chill the fuck out, and get your facts straight before you look like a fool.

Everytime I watch this video, his rhythms always impress me and just how tight and precise he has it down.

Reaction score
I think he plays well.

I would like to hear a solo DM project, with his popularity he could get a good vocalist and do it well. Maybe have Tim Yeung play drums...so people will stop saying Joey is awesome.

')